THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Station 19

This topic is 1167 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Station_19

"Grey's Anatomy" spin-off. I stopped watching it years ago.

"Station 19" centers around a Seattle fire station. Jay Hayden plays a gay firefighter Travis Montgomery. He is widowed. I think his husband was also a firefighter who died in the line of duty. Travis is afraid to date again but in the recent episode he met someone. I'm looking forward to seeing where this will go.

The fire station has a very diverse crew. In fact there is only one white straight male firefighter.

• 2 years later...
Jay Hayden plays a gay firefighter Travis Montgomery. He is widowed. His husband was also a firefighter who died in the line of duty.

I didn't watch the first few seasons, but got sucked in by all the crossovers with GREY'S this year. I find Travis very attractive and the last 2 episodes have dealt with his lingering grief and anger over his hubby's death. Last night's was a good episode and it ended with him calling his late hubby’s voicemail & finally letting him go. BTW, earlier this season Travis found his bible-quoting homophobic dad's profile on a gay dating site. Still waiting for that to be followed up on.

Edited by samhexum

• 4 weeks later...

This week's episode was really good. It took place the morning after George Floyd's death... the firehouse's chief brought in a grief counselor for anyone who needed to talk. Initially, everyone was uninterested, but eventually they went to her, one by one. At the end of the episode they put up a note onscreen that the writer of the episode had donated her fee to a fund for racial education and that the episode had been enlightened by the experiences of... and then they listed some behind-the-scenes personnel on the show and all of the actors, so it seems that the writer spoke to each of them and included some of their real-life thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Several of the characters spoke about things from their childhoods, so I wonder if any of them were the actor's true experiences.

Even if you don't watch the show, there's only occasional references to ongoing storylines, so you wouldn't be totally lost if you wanted to watch.

Edited by samhexum