THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

My new favorite commercial

TruthBTold
This topic is 2313 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is cute. But there's a huge acting problem here. The boy can't possibly know what the dad is going to start talking about. ("I've been meaning to talk to you" is just not enough to give it away. For US maybe it is, but realistically, not for him.) And yet the boy's first reaction, already, is awkwardness - even before he knows what the conversation really will be.

I know - picky. But if the boy could have waited one more line before his disgust began to register, it would have been perfect.

I guess. But if I am a kid his age who never has conversations with his dad and his dad opens the one he is going to have with him with "I've been meaning to talk to you" he might assume that it was going to be about the most embarrassing thing that could be talked about. So he would know it is about masturbation/sex.

Well, you can infer it from a couple of things (like him not wanting to talk to the father about it) so I don't think more needed to be added to "fill in the blanks." But everybody has their bar. Thanks for your insight.

Ha! Seems to me you're begging the question (in the classic sense) just a bit, but I also know I'm splitting hairs lol. I do agree with you that it's a cute ad - and one that surely all of us can relate to. ;)

The idea is cute. But there's a huge acting problem here. The boy can't possibly know what the dad is going to start talking about. ("I've been meaning to talk to you" is just not enough to give it away. For US maybe it is, but realistically, not for him.) And yet the boy's first reaction, already, is awkwardness - even before he knows what the conversation really will be.

I know - picky. But if the boy could have waited one more line before his disgust began to register, it would have been perfect.

If this conversation with his dad is awkward, then probably every conversation with his dad is awkward