THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

God's Own Country

WilliamM

• 7 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, alrajee said:

While everyone was swooning over Call Me By Your Name (rightly so), I was falling in love with this movie. Beautifully shot and the actors had great presences.

I particularly like that it's a love story. It did not follow the "I'm realizing that I'm gay" trope with many LGBT blockbusters.

I loved this about the movie as well… I was feeling the vibe of two men developing a meaningful relationship built on trust and honest affection as well as attraction ~ From that, their emotional maturity grows and a mutual love develops~  
 Much more impressive, (and relative for me personally), as opposed to big screen shock value sensationalized profit driven gay themed sex scene that gay movies tend to thrive on~  

On 2/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, samhexum said:

I watched the movie again and there's no indication Gheorghe is an alcoholic.  When he has his first meal at the farm he's offered a drink (or to go to the pub) but said no thanks.  When he & Johnny do go to the pub, Johnny gets buzzed, but Gheorghe nurses his drink and doesn't even finish half of it.

I know this pic was used in all the advertising, but I don't recall a corresponding scene in the movie:

wk-godown1110-5.jpg?uuid=_B3U-sMtEeev6U9gtabEoA

Was this the scene where they sat down in a field to contemplate where they'd go for their next drink?

All kidding aside - a very well-acted movie, and I still think O'Connor was the perfect choice to play the young Prince Charles in The Crown.  He did a great job in that too.