THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Shower etiquette

hottk29
This topic is 2520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Obviously you want to be fresh and clean when you arrive for your massage, but have you guys ever used their shower beforehand? I had someone once let me since I had been driving all day and hadn't had a chance to freshen up since the morning.

Also, how common is it to rinse off there after? I prefer lotion but some use oils and I hate feeling like I'm sliding around while driving home. (And I've heard more than one story of the masseur joining in the post-shower)

Obviously you want to be fresh and clean when you arrive for your massage, but have you guys ever used their shower beforehand? I had someone once let me since I had been driving all day and hadn't had a chance to freshen up since the morning.

Also, how common is it to rinse off there after? I prefer lotion but some use oils and I hate feeling like I'm sliding around while driving home. (And I've heard more than one story of the masseur joining in the post-shower)

Yes, I’ve availed myself of masseur’s shower, occasionally pre massage, most often post massage, and rarely (but fun!) with the masseur!

One therapeutic masseur that I see on a regular basis insists on a shower beforehand. He then helps me towel off. I usually shower again after as I don't like feeling greasy after. Most masseurs have no problem with you showering after, but some I've gone to have such sketchy looking facilities that I wait till I get home or a hotel (if I'm on the road).

I'm somewhat anal about showering before. My preference is to shower at home right before going to the session. If I'm out or at work, I'll go to the nearest NYSC sports club and shower before. And like @allyouknow, there's never been an issue asking to use the masseur's shower.

The tricky question in all of this "Is shower time part of the massage session time?" It could certainly be argued yes, you're in his space, using his facilities and taking his time. I want to maximize my massage time, so I typically do not shower after. I had an incident with a masseur last year where I had booked a 90 minute session. I used his shower before. After the massage was done I asked if I could shower again. As I'm getting dressed, I realized that it was about 75 minutes total time in his apartment which meant my massage time was about 60-65 minutes. So when I asked him how much I owed him and he said the agreed on 90 minute rate, I pointed out that it's only been 75 minutes total. His response was - Well, I'm not a clock watcher and wanted to leave enough time for you to shower and dress. I paid him, no tip, and left. Never been back which is too bad because he was an excellent, fun and cute masseur. But the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way!

Guest InthePines

My top masseur will, at times, shower at my place. He lives Northside, I'm on the South, so if I contact him last minute and he's someplace in between, it only makes sense for him to shower here prior to the massage.

He takes good care of me, I, in turn, do the same and I most appreciate the fact the professional relationship is understood, so we're pretty much free from having to bother much with protocol.

It's what I refer to as Working with a Pro.

Archived