THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

The New Mary Ann VS Ginger Battle

Gar1eth
This topic is 2513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

El Moussa's husband Tarek is my favorite. ;)

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2017/03/30/0328-tarek-el-moussa-shoot-launch2-3.jpeg

I'm not saying that I totally disagree with you. And of course Tarek and I are fated to be together as we had the same cancer, but there is something a bit too bronze about him in these pictures for my taste. And while it suited Ron Ely, it doesn't look as good, in my opinion, on Tarek.

MV5BMmU2NTZlNGQtMWRhNS00ZjQ5LWJiNzktY2U1NzM0MjIzODU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_UY1200_CR74,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

So now let's get back to the poll on Joanne and Christina.

Gman

301ea1016c8bb7dfe64437ea1c2d6fcb--jo-gaines-chip-gaines.jpg

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2015/07/14/731/n/1922398/61fac10853290a0e_1389878_633749966668803_709635626_nzkSd06.xxxlarge/i/Chip-Gaines.jpg

Chips not exactly chopped liver. He was a looker back in the day, but unfortunately he's let that mid-life spread get out of hand. But still kinda cute and I love his playful attitude.

301ea1016c8bb7dfe64437ea1c2d6fcb--jo-gaines-chip-gaines.jpg

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2015/07/14/731/n/1922398/61fac10853290a0e_1389878_633749966668803_709635626_nzkSd06.xxxlarge/i/Chip-Gaines.jpg

Chips not exactly chopped liver. He was a looker back in the day, but unfortunately he's let that mid-life spread get out of hand. But still kinda cute and I love his playful attitude.

He has a handsome face. But that FCA and Young Life membership might be troublesome aside from the noted midlife spread. FCA and Young Life are not (unless things have changed since I was in school) especially noted for being accepting of gays.

But all this concentration on Tarek and Chip when my original question was about Joanne and Christina!!! What kind of COCK-a-mamie site is this to concentrate on the guys over the gals?:p

But seriously no one has answered my question. I realize not everyone is into divas, but I thought it would engender some interesting comments

and insights.

Gman

He has a handsome face. But that FCA and Young Life membership might be troublesome aside from the noted midlife spread. FCA and Young Life are not (unless things have changed since I was in school) especially noted for being accepting of gays.

But all this concentration on Tarek and Chip when my original question was about Joanne and Christina!!! What kind of COCK-a-mamie site is this to concentrate on the guys over the gals?:p

But seriously no one has answered my question. I realize not everyone is into divas, but I thought it would engender some interesting comments

and insights.

Gman

Ok Ok...I don't like either one of them. Christina is just a hot mess. There relationship unraveled quite troubling last year, and so what little interest I had quickly evaporated. And I've read articles about Joanna, true or not, who's to say, that says she is aloof and disengaged with the guests on the show, whereas Chip is as you see him. Funny and very friendly. I lost interest in Fixer Upper when I read that all the furniture and décor doesn't stay with the house, and that one of the requirements for being on is that the guests actually have had to already bought one of the houses that they preview, and must be in escrow, so it was all too planned and fake for me, of course apparently that is how it is with all of the HGTV programs.

Ok Ok...I don't like either one of them. Christina is just a hot mess. There relationship unraveled quite troubling last year, and so what little interest I had quickly evaporated. And I've read articles about Joanna, true or not, who's to say, that says she is aloof and disengaged with the guests on the show, whereas Chip is as you see him. Funny and very friendly. I lost interest in Fixer Upper when I read that all the furniture and décor doesn't stay with the house, and that one of the requirements for being on is that the guests actually have had to already bought one of the houses that they preview, and must be in escrow, so it was all too planned and fake for me, of course apparently that is how it is with all of the HGTV programs.

I can understand why these "which house will they pick?" shows had to be contrived. It costs thousands of dollars for each location shoot, so if a sale doesn't go through for any of the reasons that home sales can fall through or be delayed a production company can lose a lot of money. One of my favorites was the old "Property Virgins" show, where Sandra Rinomato would walk first time buyers through the process. They actually had a few shows where the buyer would end up choosing not to buy, or where the buyer would pick a home and the deal would fall through.

Each of these women is a package deal. Joanna seems to embody grace and humility where Christina seems like a high maintenance California girl. Still I can't stand the schtick where Chip is this (annoyingly unfunny) clown and Joanna rolls her eyes for half the show. Tarek and Christina's dynamic is not great but it doesn't seem as contrived. Tarek dominates the project planning and Christina has to ask his permission for some of the things she wants to do, and Tarek eventually admits that Christina's input has value or he has to school her on financial realities. In the end Christina's input seems more grounded in the reality of the flip, where Joanna's contributions are around the lush yuppie-country decor and staging that won't remain with the homeowners. I'd rather see a show where Chip starts goofing around and Tarek stuffs something big and thick in his mouth to shut him up.

I'm not saying that I totally disagree with you. And of course Tarek and I are fated to be together as we had the same cancer, but there is something a bit too bronze about him in these pictures for my taste. And while it suited Ron Ely, it doesn't look as good, in my opinion, on Tarek.

MV5BMmU2NTZlNGQtMWRhNS00ZjQ5LWJiNzktY2U1NzM0MjIzODU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_UY1200_CR74,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

So now let's get back to the poll on Joanne and Christina.

Gman

Tarek was already a doll, and manly enough. When he does my house, he can do me too.

Tarek and Christina actually featured gay people on their show, as if gays are real people that live in houses. Ya know? That dufus Baptist couple from Waco........well, rather then saying something crude, I'll say that I refuse to watch them and glad their show is going away.

All right!! This is the kind of stuff that I was asking for. I will admit the time I was disappointed to find out that the houses were really preselected. As for the furnishings, I'm betting they don't get to keep them on Flip or Flop either.

From their TV personas, I'm going to have to say that while they may both be high maintenance, Christina seems really high maintenance (for all I know Tarek might be really high maintenance too-I mean I've been upset about a lot of things many a time. But I've never taken a gun with me on a nightly walk).

It is possible to live in the Waco area and not be anti-gay. A family member of mine lived there until about 3 months ago, and she had (gay) bridesman at her wedding. And he's one of her best buds. Of course she's not Baptist, and she didn't grow up in the Waco area.

Now if Joanna and Chip are keeping to the Baylor Baptist stereotypical Waco party line on gays being abominations, I'd probably have to swing my vote to the more (if they are) gay friendly Christina and Tarek no matter how high maintenance they might be.

Gman.

Archived