THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

LeBoy going smokeless?

This topic is 2407 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Interesting story. Although paying $1.25 for something that costs $1.25, instead of an additional $3.75 doesn’t automatically mean someone is a jerk or a bad tipper.

Paperboys make less than minimum wage. While $3.75 was certainly above and beyond, only paying exactly $1.25 in this particular case did indeed make someone a bad tipper at a minimum, jerk in all likelihood. The cost of delivery was actually a discount off of what it would have cost to pick up the paper at the newsstand.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think, but wealthier people are notoriously bad tippers for the most part. I had a friend who was a paperboy with his route split between the blue collar and the extremely wealthy part of town. Paper was something like $1.25 for the week, of which he kept 28 cents. In the blue collar section of town it was not uncommon for a guy to throw him a five and tell him to keep the change. In the rich section of town every last customer gave him $1.25 and not a penny more.

In Canada people in Newfoundland (one of the poorer provinces) has the highest rate of charitable giving according to Revenue Canada. I think there is something to empathy and knowing something about other peoples' situation that can lead to charity (which is what tipping is). Maybe Canada is different, the numbers of smokers are down to 10-12% of the population. And heavily skewed to not the poor, but the extremely poor. Going out to dinner is a food line-up for a huge chunk of our smokers.

Even though this thread has been taken way off course from my original post, I will follow up with some news pertaining to the topic I originally posted.

LeBoy will officially go smokeless in the inside bar on Nov. 21.

This is great to hear for me! I like LeBoy and it will now be a little better. Frankly there wasn’t that much smoke there anyway but regardless.

• 3 weeks later...