THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Star Trek: Discovery - 15 October

Avalon
This topic is 2516 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Imo the show is better than what I thought it would be from reading alot about it before it aired, I still don't like the Klingons.

The show is set before Kirk. The Daystrom Institute was mentioned. But Daystrom is in Kirk's time.

In this episode we got to meet Harry Mudd.

Captain Lorca is kidnapped by the Klingons. On a Klingon ship he is put in a cell with Mudd and a young Starfleet officer. The Captain is sensitive to light on his eyes. The Klingon captain tortures him with bright lights.

The Captain and the young officer escape. Mudd is left behind; he was spying for the Klingons.

There is a fight as they escape. Here it gets dark. The Captain shooting at the Klingon captain blinds her. I can't imagine Kirk or Picard doing that.

We see the gay couple in domestic scene brushing their teeth side-by-side and talking like a couple.

This isn't THAT much before Kirk's time, I believe. Daystrom was an old man trying to recapture the successes of his youth in Kirk's time. I can believe that the Daystrom Institute is already there by the time of this show.

I still haven't sprung for CBS All Access so I've only seen the first episode.

This isn't THAT much before Kirk's time, I believe. Daystrom was an old man trying to recapture the successes of his youth in Kirk's time. I can believe that the Daystrom Institute is already there by the time of this show.

I still haven't sprung for CBS All Access so I've only seen the first episode.

You are right! Thanks!

According to Memory Alpha, the original series took place from 2265 to 2269, almost exactly three centuries after the episodes aired.

Discovery takes place 10 years before TOS.

Dr Daystrom was born in 2219.

So in 2255 Dr Daystrom would be 36. He is a genius.

Therefore the Daystrom Institute could exist in the time of Discovery.

You are right! Thanks!

According to Memory Alpha, the original series took place from 2265 to 2269, almost exactly three centuries after the episodes aired.

Discovery takes place 10 years before TOS.

Dr Daystrom was born in 2219.

So in 2255 Dr Daystrom would be 36. He is a genius.

Therefore the Daystrom Institute could exist in the time of Discovery.

Thank goodness! That tachyon field must have been fierce!

Archived