THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Bad TV

actor61
This topic is 2519 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The new show "The Good Doctor" is being discussed in another thread and I agree with the poster that it's pretty far fetched and ultimately boring. I didn't last to the second commercial break.

I had high hopes for "Designated Survivor", which has just started its second season. The first season was pretty exciting if a little over the top and soap opera-y but I enjoyed the premise. Alas, after watching the premier episode of this new season, it is off my list. The writing is atrocious, the story line is becoming "Mission Impossible" and Keifer Sutherland is insufferable as the accidental president. If he were any nobler, they'd use CGI to put a halo over his head. And I find him almost unbearable as an actor; that whispery, earnest, barely audible voice he uses when he's being sincere just annoys me so much that I end up reaching for the mute button.

I'm hoping "Madam Secretary" won't disappoint when it resumes as I like shows with political, topical storylines. Granted, Tea Leoni has improbably saved the world by the end of every episode, but the level of writing and acting on "Madam Secretary" is superior enough to "Designated Survivor" that I might stick with it.

On another note, it's PBS pledge week here. Holy shit, they sound like used car salesmen!

I liked "Designated Survivor" in the beginning but that started to get on my nerves and I never made it to the end of the first season. I just stopped caring about any of the characters.

In a way I'm glad most tv isn't any good because with cable stations like HBO, Showtime, Netflix and Amazon Prime there's just way too much stuff to watch and not enough time to read those books that just keep piling up.

I give money to PBS because I do watch quite a bit on there but it seems as soon as I give them a donation I get more letters in the mail asking for more $$$$. The pledge drives make me crazy. There might be something I'd like to watch but they interrupt the programs so often with the annoying and long begging.

Then there's this thing called the outside world that one would like to spend a little time in.

I try hard not to watch YouTube videos because once I start that the day is over and gone.

Or reading posts and watching videos here. Arrrrgh!!!!

Other than The Vietnam War, is anyone watching anything they like? I have Netflix streaming and have been devouring Anglophone murder mystery content like Midsomer Murders, which makes rural England seem way more dysfunctional than any outside critique could, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (Australia), Murdoch Mysteries (Canada), and Doctor Blake (Australia).

• 2 weeks later...
Traveling in Europe so haven’t seen this episode but I have it on good authority that it takes a full hour before Poldark dofts his shirt.

I just keep this picture from season 1 to look at during any episodes lacking Aiden Turner shirtless scenes!!! :p

getimage.aspx?regionKey=WZBgeUlDiW3%2FjJVRbjMI2g%3D%3D&scale=100

TruHart1 :cool:

Other than The Vietnam War, is anyone watching anything they like? I have Netflix streaming and have been devouring Anglophone murder mystery content like Midsomer Murders, which makes rural England seem way more dysfunctional than any outside critique could, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (Australia), Murdoch Mysteries (Canada), and Doctor Blake (Australia).

QTR, thought of you when this segment came onto weekly film and screen show The Final Cut today. It's about Miss Fisher in general but in particular about a wildly oversubscribed kickstarter for a feature film. The audio runs for seven minutes,

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/finalcut/deb-cox/9035026

Netflix will release a Joan Didion documentary on 10/27 that I'm excited to view. Her The Year of Magical Thinking is quite a play. I'd see it again given the chance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/30/theater/reviews/30magi.html

Archived