THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Emmy Awards 2017

Smurof
This topic is 2566 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It wasn't all that interesting this year. With Trump being the big winner in mentions and many winners being politically related. Stephen Colbert was this year's host, and had a bizarre moment with Jimmy Kimmel fake wallowing in self pity by losing multiple times to John Oliver. How could they have pre-planned that bit if they wouldn't have known ahead of time they lost?

I can't believe I'm a television dinosaur by having basic satellite, so today's awards are essentially the ACE awards of eons ago, where only non-network shows could win. The only show nominated that I watch is Billy On The Street, but it did not win. I'm looking forward to a hopefully hilarious season of Nathan For You, and hope it gets a nom nod next year.

It's great. The original novel is amazing, too.

Kevin Slater

I wanted to watch the show, but knowing Moss is a Scientologist just rubs me the wrong way. A shame, as I really do enjoy her as an actress.

I have heard and read amazing accounts of the program, but I was put off by the accounts of the dystopian nature of it and decided I didn't want to watch it. It was on free-to-air TV in Australia though.

Archived