THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Fashions Thru The Years

Gar1eth
This topic is 2575 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The male model is cute.

And on another fashion note-

Over the weekend I actually saw an older gent-prob my age or older with a pullover collared shirt on with the collar turned up. He set off my gaydar. But it might have been the shirt.

popped collar

The act of popping up the collar of a polo shirt, so it covers the neck.

I never knew the technical term for it before. I always thought it looked somewhat ridiculous and never did it. Is it still au courant?

Gman

I usually associated the popped collar look with entitled frat boys, in-the-closet golfers, and guys that were Full of themselves.... Especially if worn with "boat shoes"..... and an "ass-cot"....

Not a look that turns me on..... I'm more of a "Spandex" girl....

tumblr_okcj6eWGrj1tok6cbo1_400.gif

NO !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DvyYQdnG-5E/S0LxzSirUKI/AAAAAAAABwo/HGfPyzik_yE/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/PurplePoppedCollar.jpg

The male model is cute.

And on another fashion note-

Over the weekend I actually saw an older gent-prob my age or older with a pullover collared shirt on with the collar turned up. He set off my gaydar. But it might have been the shirt.

popped collar

The act of popping up the collar of a polo shirt, so it covers the neck.

I never knew the technical term for it before. I always thought it looked somewhat ridiculous and never did it. Is it still au courant?

Gman

Cute...What was your favorite year Gman?

I usually associated the popped collar look with entitled frat boys, in-the-closet golfers, and guys that were Full of themselves.... Especially if worn with "boat shoes"..... and an "ass-cot"....

Not a look that turns me on..... I'm more of a "Spandex" girl....

tumblr_okcj6eWGrj1tok6cbo1_400.gif

This guy was definitely of a certain age. And the age was not that of a spring chicken. And I thought the look was stupid enough in younger people which I was when it first became popular again in the 1980's. I think it looks even more ridiculous 30 years later on an older gent.

I don't mind boat shoes although I've always been surprised at how slippery they are and wondered why people thought wearing something with soles so slick was a good thing for boats.

Gman

I think THIS is a cool look for a guy....

6085425b6155cc3e860bffc1c8a690f1--streetstyle-fashion-men.jpg

I only wish I had the money to buy him a new pair of jeans without the holes in the knees. I just ditched a similar pair. As for a white tee, no one wants see my gut hanging out of it in public.

Cute...What was your favorite year Gman?

I'm a sucker for the 'Newsies' 1915 cap. But he could've ditched the mustache. He's a handsome guy and would probably look good with some scruff. But in my opinion he's not really a mustache guy.

Gman

Interesting video. Thanks for posting it!

It's odd that for the 50's & 60's looks the guy's outfits were pretty

low brow while the outfits they chose for the woman were still pretty classy.

Sadly, the final three decades all featured jeans, jeans, and more jeans.

Tells you a lot about where society as a whole is headed.....ugh.

popped collars were a joke even way back in my college years (early 80s)......anybody remember "The Official Preppy Handbook"?!......I occasionally still see them on some uninformed soul who is taking it way too seriously and I want to smack them upside the head SO goddam bad.....what a douche!......

scroll down to "adoption as popular culture trend":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upturned_collar

popped collars were a joke even way back in my college years (early 80s)......anybody remember "The Official Preppy Handbook"?!......I occasionally still see them on some uninformed soul who is taking it way too seriously and I want to smack them upside the head SO goddam bad.....what a douche!......

scroll down to "adoption as popular culture trend":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upturned_collar

This was a guy who was definitely old enough to know better.

Gman

Archived