THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Experiences With Traveling Masseurs

Dmitri
This topic is 2605 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How have your experiences been with traveling masseurs? I have only tried a traveling masseur once in NYC and it was horrible. My opinion was that they are only traveling since either they are shady characters, or because they can't get enough business in their own home city because of a bad reputation. Why else would they go thru the hassle of paying plane fare and hotel, in addition to all that travel time......when if they were so great they could just get the business in their home city, and avoid the traveling hassle? Have the majority of your experiences been negative?

I have also tried a couple of traveling masseurs when they came through NYC. The experiences were generally OK, with a couple of bad exceptions. I only repeated once when the masseur returned to NYC a few months later (he travels here several times a year). But after session #2 with him I did not feel the need to repeat, even though there was nothing bad about the experience. I would rather develop relationships with local guys who I can see more regularly, rather than the occasional time when they are passing through.

I've seen several traveling masseurs. Some are great, some are ok. Usually I ask this forum for guidance. And I'm thankful for all your advice. Unless the guy is super hot, I wouldn't see anyone without input/feedback from you guys.

A lot of masseurs I've worked with travel occasionally for pleasure and work in a couple of massages; or they've built up a loyal set of clients in different cities and travel for business -- a week in a different city I'm guessing can be quite lucrative. I wouldn't assume that just because a masseur is visiting your city it makes them any worse or better than anyone else. Just do your due diligence!

Guest InthePines

I wonder why hiring travelers would be necessary if you're in the NYC area. I mean, the city has the best selection of locals in the country and for that reason, those of us in the smaller markets put massage on our checklist of things to do when we visit.

That said, I agree with Dmitri, for while I've had a few great experiences with travelers and make a point of hiring their services whenever they visit, most of the guys on the road have been subpar. Many are straight and push the limits of false advertising in their ads while others are basically selling hand jobs to meet their traveling expenses.

I agree with a number of the posts - some are great - others are poor. You really have to do your homework and the forum and its members is invaluable!

As someone who does not live in a city with a lot of great options, I've met a fair number of very good travelers and have followed up and seen some of them in their home cities as well. There are definitely some crappy ones who travel only because they need to, not because they want to.

I agree with much that has been said and would like to add just a couple of things to consider.

There are travelers (1) with a hometown/home-base and (2) total transients that will list as their home city whichever city they are in, or they may appear like they have a home base but they keep changing the address. Based on my experience, the second are to be avoided but the first CAN be good. Especially guys who live in smaller cities and tend to make trips to other cities in the region and within a couple of hours of driving. I suspect they develop a loyal customer base, and for a reason. Or guys that live in a city but then often show up in another one or two, but it's not like they travel around all the time.

And, for reasons that are mysterious to me, guys from Miami! It could be that there are SO many masseurs there (climate, taxes, beaches, gay scene, God knows...) and the city is not large enough to keep them all busy. Granted, there are many mediocre ones and outright frauds ("sunny state for shady people" comes to mind LOL) but then there are traveling gems, at least in my books:

https://www.masseurfinder.com/members/alexei22.shtml

https://www.masseurfinder.com/members/maxftl.shtml

Bottom line, consult this site, but even that is not a full guarantee as our preferences and perceptions can vary widely. So, with no info here, you are truly flying solo and into the unknown. And with info here, you are flying with a help of a navigation assistant, but even he may not be able go guide you perfectly to what you want.

I've had amazing experiences with traveling masseurs but I always ask if they bring a table with them and make sure that he has good reviews on MF and try to find him here too. Ones I had a horrible experience with one guy that literally gave me the worst massage I've ever had. But I wasn't researching enough back then and only hired him for his looks. This site has helped a lot! so glad I found it...

Guest InthePines
I'vI always ask if they bring a table with them and make sure that he has good reviews on MF and try to find him here too.

Hmmm. I would put too much stock in MF reviews. As I've said, they're as fake as Melania's orgasms.

As mentioned, some markets are slim pickings. In Cleveland, aside from the local Brian Kevin, the best massages have come from masseurs passing through. I put ZERO stock in any MF, MM4M or RM review. It's this forum, detective work and a not so accurate gut (sometime balls) feeling.

How have your experiences been with traveling masseurs? I have only tried a traveling masseur once in NYC and it was horrible. My opinion was that they are only traveling since either they are shady characters, or because they can't get enough business in their own home city because of a bad reputation. Why else would they go thru the hassle of paying plane fare and hotel, in addition to all that travel time......when if they were so great they could just get the business in their home city, and avoid the traveling hassle? Have the majority of your experiences been negative?

I'm a masseur and I'm going to chime in to clarify something. I don't travel often but when I do it's for a couple of reasons. Sometimes a client has flown me to a new city like Arizona or Hawaii or Las Vegas and I decided to extend the trip and stay longer. But also, we travel for the same reasons everyone travels: to explore other parts of the country and we get the added bonus of expanding our clientele in new cities at the same time! I live in Los Angeles but some of my BEST & favorite clients are in other states! Those who have flexibilities in their schedules travel, because they can. Your comment makes it sound as though it's a burden to travel when in actuality, it's a privelage to see a new city and stay in great hotels and meet new clients.

I'm a masseur and I'm going to chime in to clarify something. I don't travel often but when I do it's for a couple of reasons. Sometimes a client has flown me to a new city like Arizona or Hawaii or Las Vegas and I decided to extend the trip and stay longer. But also, we travel for the same reasons everyone travels: to explore other parts of the country and we get the added bonus of expanding our clientele in new cities at the same time! I live in Los Angeles but some of my BEST & favorite clients are in other states! Those who have flexibilities in their schedules travel, because they can. Your comment makes it sound as though it's a burden to travel when in actuality, it's a privelage to see a new city and stay in great hotels and meet new clients.

Hope you make it to San Diego sometime :) how do interested guys in hiring you get in touch with you? Didn't see a link in your profile.

Sounds like traveling works for you. What is a link to your massage ad? I will be in Los Angeles next week and would like to receive a massage from you. You sound like you love your job which is a great sign :) You also mentioned you would be in Newport Beach in a few weeks. I have a business meeting coming up there also. Please share your massage ad link so us in the forum who are interested have a way to contact you to book a massage when we are in Los Angeles.

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you make it to San Diego sometime :) how do interested guys in hiring you get in touch with you? Didn't see a link in your profile.

I am also interested in a link to your massage ad @RyanMoore , since I will be in LA soon and would like a massage session . You seem like a really nice guy. I have requested it twice from you with no response. Curious why you will not share it. (?)

I've had great luck with all but one traveling massage therapist. I went in for a sensual massage but they always wanted to top me after the massage was over. I actually have better experiences with the travelers.

Get ready to be asked for that list of massuers - haha

Archived