THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Millionares out there... how often do you hire?

7829V
This topic is 2640 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You don't really have to be a millionaire. If you hired weekly for a massage with one of the lower-priced guys, you could do that for about $500 a month. In NYC going out and getting dinner and hitting a gay bar twice a week you're likely to be spending that much.

It's not something you can afford if you're making ten bucks an hour, but if you're a professional in the NYC area without a family you're supporting, it's fairly doable. Whether you should be spending that much on that versus other things like retirement savings is another question...

True, I wonder if guys here keep track of everything they've spent on hiring... I do not keep track. But also I ONLY spend money for hiring from side jobs that pay me in cash, not from my regular salary.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, I wonder if guys here keep track of everything they've spent on hiring... I do not keep track. But also I ONLY spend money for hiring from side jobs that pay me in cash, not from my regular salary.

What illegal drugs are you selling?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/7ddd7a979805e3d3219f4609a0de7cf9/tumblr_nfj6hcOpWg1tgoz2po1_400.gif

I definitely had some stretches back in my closeted days of hitting the Gaiety where I was seriously questioning my life choices. I would sort of go on a "bender" for a couple of months then stay away for 6 months or so.

What illegal drugs are you selling?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/7ddd7a979805e3d3219f4609a0de7cf9/tumblr_nfj6hcOpWg1tgoz2po1_400.gif

Hahaha... I just do side gigs, helps others with computers stuff, sometimes sell a little on amazon/etsy, etc. Nothing glamorous like a drug dealer. haha

I can tell you to the penny what I've spent. Of course, I'm a beancounter and it's expected of this anal-retentive daddy.

I don't want to know...Its depressing if I was to think about it that way..LOL

Guest InthePines
A lot. Let's just leave it at that.

Same here. I categorize it in QuickBooks as Creature Comforts and have a don't ask, don't tell policy with my accountant.

In 2017 being a millionaire is not a big deal and not that uncommon. Maybe back in the 1950's if someone was a millionaire it would be a big deal and everyone would be wide eyed at the thought. I have MANY friends that are "millionaires" and they live pretty simple lives, since with the cost of housing, health care, day to day expenses, one million dollars does not get you very far. I have over a million in different investments ( rentals,bonds annuities, etc.....conservative investor here) and would LOVE to retire but still can't since everything is so damn expensive in 2017. So having a million is not all it is cracked up to be. You need at least 2 million to retire today. With that being said....I hire twice a month....but still watch my money, since as I said one million does not get you very far in this day and age....and I am afraid of running out of money before I retire, or even running out of money in retirement.

Guest InthePines
In 2017 being a millionaire is not a big deal and not that uncommon. Maybe back in the 1950's if someone was a millionaire it would be a big deal and everyone would be wide eyed at the thought. I have MANY friends that are "millionaires" and they live pretty simple lives, since with the cost of housing, health care, day to day expenses, one million dollars does not get you very far. I have over a million in different investments ( rentals,bonds annuities, etc.....conservative investor here) and would LOVE to retire but still can't since everything is so damn expensive in 2017. So having a million is not all it is cracked up to be. You need at least 2 million to retire today. With that being said....I hire twice a month....but still watch my money, since as I said one million does not get you very far in this day and age....and I am afraid of running out of money before I retire, or even running out of money in retirement.

Well said. When you're broke, your focus is on things you want, things you need and the things you can't afford. Once you have some money, your focus becomes the security the money provides and preservation of that security.

Are we taking the word "millionaire" in its narrowest meaning? I understood it not like "somewhere who owns a million" but as "someone who is so rich that can have whatever he wants without any concerns".

Exactly. That's what I meant :)

In San Diego owning a house and a couple of nice cars puts you in the 1 million net worth. So I was more referring to the broad sense of the millionaire word. When money is not a issue anymore. When you don't look at prices at the menu... or can have a personal chef and fly private if you wish.

Exactly. That's what I meant :)

In San Diego owning a house and a couple of nice cars puts you in the 1 million net worth. So I was more referring to the broad sense of the millionaire word. When money is not a issue anymore. When you don't look at prices at the menu... or can have a personal chef and fly private if you wish.

And can I have an harem?

Or rather one in each of my favorite cities?

Plus my favorite ones always as my itinerant stuff?

Please?

Archived