THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Chicago Sweat Lodge

MassageDrew
This topic is 2633 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today was my first first time trying the Chicago Sweat Lodge....and I liked it.

http://www.chicagosweatlodge.com/

I went with a friend I met from this forum and he was kind enough to be my tour guide. It was fun. The place is not as big as I expected but it's clean and people are very friendly. We met others who were coming in for their first time as well.

The dry Russian sauna was closed so I didn't get to try it but the wet Turkish sauna was nice. My pores are thanking me right now. There was a really cold pool for a dip when it gets too hot for you. Lots of shower as well if you don't like the cold pool. It was a weekeday so there weren't that many people. There were some hot guys as well.

WARNING: This is a no-play type of establishment. You really just go there for the sauna and possibly a no-play massage.

For less than $35 you can be there as long as you like. My friend and I were there for nearly 2 hours. The guys we met had been there for at least 3. We go in to the sauna, leave and dip in the cold pool, sit in the lounge area for a bit, then go back to the sauna. Repeat 4 or 5 times. They serve food as well if you're hungry. I didn't get to try it but the guys we met did and loved it. My buddy will show me other spas in Chicago but I can see myself going back to the Sweat Lodge.

Is nudity allowed?

Yes. I was nude for the most part. I was actually surprised as to how comfortable I was at showing off body. I did noticed that the Americans tend to remain covered while the Europeans walk around uncovered for the most part. Only when they are relaxing in the lounge or eating in the dining area that they covered up.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. I was nude for the most part. I was actually surprised as to how comfortable I was at showing off body. I did noticed that the Americans tend to remain covered while the Europeans walk around uncovered for the most part. Only when they are relaxing in the lounge or eating in the dining area that they covered up.

(too bad I was not there to witness that :-) )

Archived