THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

To talk or not to talk

Gr8massage
This topic is 2655 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When you get a massage at a spa or privately do you like to talk to the masseur or totally relax and avoid conversation altogether? If you get a chatter box how to shut them down without totally turning them off?

I find it really difficult to relax when the masseur is talking, or trying to engage me in conversation. How do you relax and let go when you are trying to hold onto a conversation? With my masseurs, if they start talking at the beginning I will chat for 5 minutes to be polite, and not be rude. If they continue to talk...or if they are a chatterbox (which many are).....then I will just be honest, and tell them it is hard to relax if we are talking. Never had a problem. They respect my request and get the message and I get to relax and have a great massage! :)

I actually don't mind the talking to a certain extent but I want to initiate it as there are some I would like to get engage in conversation more than others. Though there a some I have experienced that don't realize that he stopped massaging and end up using his hands while talking. But usually talking is done while massaging back, when I turn over it's hush hush.

I saw one NY masseur once a month for a few years and he talked through most of the massage. However, he was engaging (and totally hot) so it was actually great to hear his voice throughout. It made all other masseurs seem silent and dull.

Stopped seeing my last masseur because although his talents were amazing....he just wouldn't shut up.

When I caught myself trying to turn his incessant chatter into calming "white noise", I knew he had to go.

Silence is golden.

my massage time is my way to relax and de-compress; a little bit of conversion is fine at the beginning, but after that, I don't want to engage; I am on my way this morning to get a 4-handed massage from a couple of guys I've been seeing routinely the last 6 months or so; one of the guys told me he liked giving me a massage because I sighed and otherwise let them know that I was enjoying the session

Guest InthePines

On that subject I say be careful what you wish for. I've engaged a few masseurs only to hear about their jail time to experience with client's who were not clean. Counter productive to relaxing.

That's said, I have had a few great post massage conversations, so if you like the masseur and the feeling is mutual, I think talking is find, but save it to after the service and the fee is paid.

Archived