THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

has anyone experienced Dr Eric visiting from Dallas

HungBill
This topic is 844 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gentlemen, a couple of observations from someone who has just read this thread and never had any experience with Dr Eric.

First off, huge respect to Dr Eric for checking out this forum, that tells me that he is interested in honest feedback and willing to address it moving forward in order to improve his practice. I also admire signing up under his masseur name and being upfront about his identity. I also like the tone of his answers.

Having said that, the issue of coming off as abrasive and arrogant remains, but I am not fully convinced it isn't mainly about a mismatch of personalities and massage tastes. It could be that his style is fine with some who like assertive and confident but rubs others, or unusually many, the wrong way. Which is not necessarily a disaster, not every masseur is a good match for every client and vice versa. And some like the contraption he uses and some don't, which is fine and not that surprising (communication should help, so Dr Eric might wish to ask his first time clients "does this work for you?"). That's why this forum is useful, you can use what you read to form your own judgment. Sometimes taking comments at face value, sometimes with a grain of salt. I need so much salt for masseurfinder reviews that I have completely given up on reading them, but even here I don't see why we should all have the same opinions and perceptions, much less tastes.

Finally, given everything that I have read, I don't think that Dr Eric's fees are outrageous, I would actually look for a chance to try his massages if we ever cross paths. Cheers, I'll update you whether I end up being rubbed the right or the wrong way :) :) :)

I first had a massage with Dr Eric about 3-4 years ago during one of his LA visits. I remembered the session as being enjoyable so I was excited to see he was back in LA. I immediately booked another massage with him last week. I'm really surprised to see a lot of negative comments here because I never had an issue with him. I didn't find him cold or abrasive. He was actually pretty cool. Throughout the massage he lets you play with his dick which is more than what a lot of masseurs do. The massage itself was great. I have a 9 to 6 desk job so my shoulders and back are usually really tight. His massage really did wonders for me. It helped loosen me up and the sensual aspects made me feel in heaven. Suffice it to say I slept great that night. My only criticism is his price is a bit steep. I typically pay no more than $120 or $140 if the masseur is hot. But his massage did the trick so I can't complain. If you haven't seen him, I'd say give him a shot and form your own opinion. As for me, no regrets here :-)

I first had a massage with Dr Eric about 3-4 years ago during one of his LA visits. I remembered the session as being enjoyable so I was excited to see he was back in LA. I immediately booked another massage with him last week. I'm really surprised to see a lot of negative comments here because I never had an issue with him. I didn't find him cold or abrasive. He was actually pretty cool. Throughout the massage he lets you play with his dick which is more than what a lot of masseurs do. The massage itself was great. I have a 9 to 6 desk job so my shoulders and back are usually really tight. His massage really did wonders for me. It helped loosen me up and the sensual aspects made me feel in heaven. Suffice it to say I slept great that night. My only criticism is his price is a bit steep. I typically pay no more than $120 or $140 if the masseur is hot. But his massage did the trick so I can't complain. If you haven't seen him, I'd say give him a shot and form your own opinion. As for me, no regrets here :)

Let's see......Dr. Eric joins the forum last Wednesday to address the negative comments re: his massage sessions. Fair enough. Then by COINCIDENCE Lamassagejunkie SOMEHOW finds and stumbles upon this forum and joins TWO days later on Friday. And even MORE of a coincidence he has not seen Dr. Eric in 3-4 years, but just HAPPENS to get a massage from him last week.....the same week Dr. Eric is defending himself in this forum. He then posts the ONLY glowing review of his services on this forum. Coincidence? I think not.This is Dr. Eric behind the scenes. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

Edited by Dmitri

Let's see......Dr. Eric joins the forum last Wednesday to address the negative comments re: his massage sessions. Fair enough. Then by COINCIDENCE Lamassagejunkie SOMEHOW finds and stumbles upon this forum and joins TWO days later on Friday. And even MORE of a coincidence he has not seen Dr. Eric in 3-4 years, but just HAPPENS to get a massage from him last week.....the same week Dr. Eric is defending himself in this forum. He then posts the ONLY glowing review of his services on this forum. Coincidence? I think not.This is Dr. Eric behind the scenes. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

Dude get over yourself. First of all, I don't know the guy. He lives in Dallas. I live in LA. The truth is after my massage with Dr. Eric, he asked me how it was to which I replied "it was great!" He then did in fact mention this forum and he was quite bummed out about it. He did in fact ask me if I can post a positive feedback on his behalf. If this is Dr. Eric behind the scenes, so be it. HOWEVER, keep in mind that IF I had found him cold and abrasive. IF I thought the massage was terrible, 1.) I would not have gone through the trouble of seeking out this forum, joining and posting a positive review, 2.) I would've joined in your ranks and post a terrible review myself. Believe me I've had far worse masseurs than Dr. Eric and now that I know about this site, I will be sure to call them out if I come across them in the future, and 3.) if I did not have a good experience with Dr. Eric 3-4 years ago, I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT have booked a 2nd session with him and forked out another $160. To those of you who had a bad experience with Dr. Eric, that sucks and that's really too bad. But I posted about MY experience and it was definitely positive. Anyway, this is the last you'll hear of me on this thread. I have more important things to do than argue with people over a massage. Ciao!

To jump on the bandwagon, tried him but would not repeat. It wasn't the worst massage I've ever had but definitely brusque and not in a good, I feel like my muscles are getting a great workout kinda way. If he is reading it, I recommend slowing down, being more attentive to the person you're with and not hype yourself up during the massage itself, which is off putting. We are paying a substantial amount of money to spend with you so make that time count and try not to treat this as an assembly line.

Sorry Dr. Eric... The LAMassageJunkie play was WAY to obvious. What you don't realize (because you have only been on this forum for less then a week) is that as forum members we can see everywhere you have posted and when you signed up. LAMassageJunkie (if he was a real person) is going to have a hard time finding this thread... and more then likely would have posted in multiple threads - which he did not. Man - bad play.

Sorry Dr. Eric... The LAMassageJunkie play was WAY to obvious. What you don't realize (because you have only been on this forum for less then a week) is that as forum members we can see everywhere you have posted and when you signed up. LAMassageJunkie (if he was a real person) is going to have a hard time finding this thread... and more then likely would have posted in multiple threads - which he did not. Man - bad play.

Haha ... this has turned out to be quite amusing. Yes JD87 I am a real person. Please read my previous post. I found out about this forum because Dr. Eric told me about it and showed me where to find this thread. It wasn't difficult. I opened my account that night and only posted just last night. I'm a new member. Well Dr. Eric, I had a pleasant experience with you. Unfortunately a lot of people did not. So I would take this as an eye opening experience and make modifications in the way you do your sessions. Good luck to you. Peace out.

What we might have here is a mental health issue folks...

Among some of the members? Perhaps.

I'm pretty vocal with praise if I discover a good massage therapist. If I find a massage is very good, I say something. I have been asked several times to write a review after I complimented a guy on his massage. My past spa admin experience always comes up in conversation during a massage. I don't mind when a therapist requests a written review. For the trouble of joining a review site, some therapists offer a discount on my next massage. I could easily see myself doing what LAMassageJunkie did, because I've done it.

Personally, I appreciate Dr. Eric coming to the board to address criticism and hearsay. I would try him based on that effort alone. Most service providers would never do that, they don't do it. On this board, you can be damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's often a lose-lose.

Gay men can be the worst customers. Many are serial nit-pickers, and they demand a lot of attention for their money. The internet gives them a free platform to release their inner Ebert. It's amazing to me that any talented, good-looking massage therapist would want to build a career serving those who chase the next best HE. One unhappy customer with a laptop, unhappy for any reason, can cause so much agony and frustration.

Some gay men make the best customers. Big tippers, too. Perhaps that's the saving grace here. But the opposite extreme are a nightmare to service. I know from years of experience.

I loved learning the fact that the doctor is a real Dr.

Thank you, Dr. Eric, for stepping up. See you soon.

Edited by rogerG

I joined this forum recently, actually because I was interested in Dr. Eric since I've been looking at his ads online for a while now and was curious. I was hesitant, at first, to set something up based on the feedback on this forum. I kept the appointment, however, and was very pleased with it. I didn't mind the massager, he has a smokin body, a great dick, and the massage was excellent. I would definitely book again. I felt he was perfectly nice, maybe a bit business-oriented, but that didn't bother me at all. I have since had two other appointment with other guys and one more set up for next week (I guess I'm going all in on this!) but I will definitely be back to see the Dr.

Among some of the members? Perhaps.

I'm pretty vocal with praise if I discover a good massage therapist. If I find a massage is very good, I say something. I have been asked several times to write a review after I complimented a guy on his massage. My past spa admin experience always comes up in conversation during a massage. I don't mind when a therapist requests a written review. For the trouble of joining a review site, some therapists offer a discount on my next massage. I could easily see myself doing what LAMassageJunkie did, because I've done it.

Personally, I appreciate Dr. Eric coming to the board to address criticism and hearsay. I would try him based on that effort alone. Most service providers would never do that, they don't do it. On this board, you can be damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's often a lose-lose.

Gay men can be the worst customers. Many are serial nit-pickers, and they demand a lot of attention for their money. The internet gives them a free platform to release their inner Ebert. It's amazing to me that any talented, good-looking massage therapist would want to build a career serving those who chase the next best HE. One unhappy customer with a laptop, unhappy for any reason, can cause so much agony and frustration.

Some gay men make the best customers. Big tippers, too. Perhaps that's the saving grace here. But the opposite extreme are a nightmare to service. I know from years of experience.

I loved learning the fact that the doctor is a real Dr.

Thank you, Dr. Eric, for stepping up. See you soon.

I joined this forum recently, actually because I was interested in Dr. Eric since I've been looking at his ads online for a while now and was curious. I was hesitant, at first, to set something up based on the feedback on this forum. I kept the appointment, however, and was very pleased with it. I didn't mind the massager, he has a smokin body, a great dick, and the massage was excellent. I would definitely book again. I felt he was perfectly nice, maybe a bit business-oriented, but that didn't bother me at all. I have since had two other appointment with other guys and one more set up for next week (I guess I'm going all in on this!) but I will definitely be back to see the Dr.

Guys, I hear you out and determined to make some changes moving forward. I appreciate your feedback, whether positive or negative, and willing to learn from it all. For starters, I will no longer use a Power Massager and thus have taken it off my ad. Secondly, I will slow the strokes down and utilize the perfect amount of pressure that the client desires. By nature of the Lomi, it's a combination of slow and fast, smooth strokes. I typically apply enough pressure to make the difference the client seeks...especially for the knots, aches and pains. Without fail, in every session that I've given over the past 10 years, I remind every client to drink water and get good sleep. Why do I do that consistently? BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU! Again, I'm sorry some of you feel I'm "cold and abrasive" but if you knew me as a person and not a massage guy, you would actually find me very witty humerous and very laid-back. I love sharing stories with clients and I've had some very memorable conversations that have made my work very fulfilling. Oh one more change...Since much skepticism has been risen due to this forum...I'm lowering my rates. In no sense was I trying to be greedy or anything, but when you work in a practice for as long as I have then you deserve to be paid more just like any profession. I have dozens and dozens of 5 star reviews, and guys there's credibility to the reviews on Masseurfinder because they came from REAL CLIENTS who had such a positive experience with me that they felt motivated to write them! I hope somehow this makes a difference.

• 1 month later...

Had a massage from him years ago when he was in NYC. Waste of money. He gave a pretty terrible massage. Seems like one of those guys who just makes all his money because he has a big dick. I wish I knew about this site back then because I would have posted a review awhile back.

Looks like Dr. Eric is now in the Bay Area.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/members/andrewjohnson.shtml

Huh? I actually was gaining respect for Dr. Eric when he addressed this forum with some heartfelt posts in this thread. But to change his name....identity....and then to state in his ad copy for his Bay Area ad "although new to MF" (although he is NOT new to MF...as we all know)....I feel is deceitful. He also erased all reviews and is making it appear he is "the new kid on the block"....pretending he has never been on the MF site before, and is new to all this. (but he is NOT new to all this...in fact his Dallas ad is still up) I was almost going to try him in Texas after he addressed our forum so sincerely throughout this thread, but no way now. What a phony. My advice if you wanted to be honest would be to keep the name....keep the reviews....and just say you relocated. But I guess honesty is not Dr. Eric's strong quality.

Edited by Dmitri

Looks like Dr. Eric is now in the Bay Area.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/members/andrewjohnson.shtml

I thought he looked familiar! I contacted him when his ad showed up in SF. He asked where I was located, which I thought was odd since he's listed as being in SF. He said he wasn't here, but would be here in one or two months. What's up with that??!! He said he was in TX. Anyways, thanks for connecting the dots!