THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake

LoveNDino
This topic is 2595 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I saw this in NY several years ago there was a collection after the show for Broadway Cares. At the exits were the "swans" with collection baskets. If you gave a larger donation, maybe $20 you got a little plastic bag with some feathers from the swan's costumes that fell off during the performance. I thought it was a great idea and I handed over my donation. Of course I have no idea where that little bag of feathers is now but I guess I'll run across it someday. Also the production of Sleeping Beauty with vampires was a lot f fun. Seeing Giselle tomorrow at Lincoln Center. Should be good but no male swans in this show.

One of my favorite ballets. I've seen it 3 times.

Coming up on the schedule is Matthew's production of The Red Shoes.

http://new-adventures.net//media/images/galleries/The%20Red%20Shoes/Production%20Shots/Production%20Thumbs/THE%20RED%20SHOES_%20Ashley%20Shaw%20'Victoria%20Page'_%20Photo%20by%20Johan%20Persson%20(5).jpg

Sara Mearns, the New York City Ballet principal dancer, will star in Matthew Bourne’s ballet adaptation of “The Red Shoes,” which had its premiere in Britain last year and will have its New York premiere this fall as part of the coming season at New York City Center.

“The Red Shoes” (Oct. 26 through Nov. 5) — inspired by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger’s classic 1948 film about art, love and obsession — ran late last year at Sadler’s Wells in London, where it was a critical darling and earned two Olivier Awards, the British equivalent of the Tonys.

The role of Victoria Page, the doomed dancer and wearer of the titular shoes, will be performed by Ashley Shaw, who originated the role in London. She will alternate with Ms. Mearns, who with this production will make her debut as a guest artist with Mr. Bourne’s troupe, New Adventures.

One of my favorite ballets. I've seen it 3 times.

Coming up on the schedule is Matthew's production of The Red Shoes.

http://new-adventures.net//media/images/galleries/The%20Red%20Shoes/Production%20Shots/Production%20Thumbs/THE%20RED%20SHOES_%20Ashley%20Shaw%20'Victoria%20Page'_%20Photo%20by%20Johan%20Persson%20(5).jpg

Sara Mearns, the New York City Ballet principal dancer, will star in Matthew Bourne’s ballet adaptation of “The Red Shoes,” which had its premiere in Britain last year and will have its New York premiere this fall as part of the coming season at New York City Center.

“The Red Shoes” (Oct. 26 through Nov. 5) — inspired by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger’s classic 1948 film about art, love and obsession — ran late last year at Sadler’s Wells in London, where it was a critical darling and earned two Olivier Awards, the British equivalent of the Tonys.

The role of Victoria Page, the doomed dancer and wearer of the titular shoes, will be performed by Ashley Shaw, who originated the role in London. She will alternate with Ms. Mearns, who with this production will make her debut as a guest artist with Mr. Bourne’s troupe, New Adventures.

He's a genius. Even his choreography for Mary Poppins was startling, inventive, accessible and thrilling.

Archived