THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

TV Variety Special Celebrated Dance

Bayman4Fun
This topic is 2605 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Saturday. A little housecleaning, de-cluttering.

Hmmm... these VHS tapes have been at the back of this shelf for years... maybe decades.

Found a 30 year old tape of an old TV Special called Night of 100 Stars II. I don't have the equipment to convert tape to DVD or mpg/wmv/mp4 etc. So here's a segment that someone else saved and posted on YouTube.

This old production number, celebrating dance, still brings a smile to my face. (Stick with it, it starts slow). Check out other numbers from the same show, also posted on YouTube.... the opening number homage to NYC should also entertain showbiz fans.

"Carlton" from "Fresh Prince" took over the lead in The Tap Dance Kid on Broadway when he was just a kid.

Wasn't Alfonso Ribeiro the original Tap Dance Kid? I saw that show, La Cage, and a couple more during my first NYC trip in 1984.

I didn't know it when I was a West Wing fan, but later learned Dulé Hill also played Tap Dance Kid.

The first Night of 100 Stars in 1982 sadly moved much quicker through the Broadway tribute.

But the slow included four/five women who starred in "Hello, Dolly." I was unsure of Ann Miller, but not Carol Channing, Pearl Bailey, Mary Martin and Ethel Merman

Archived