THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Joking question: what's with all the A-Names

Just Chuck
This topic is 2793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It seems like when I look at ads, I see a remarkably high percentage of A-Names like Zack, Adam, Sam, Mark, Daniel, or Max but a relatively low percentage of names featuring other vowels. I don't spot many Tim, Tom, John, or Josh listings. Do A-names just sell better? :):p:D

Don't know about A's in the middle, but for a while the trend was names that started with A as that would put one atop any alphabetical list (such as Daddy's Reviews).

One buddy of mine wanted to be Aaron Brock (to be sure to be atop any alphabetical listings), but I put the kibosh on it cuz it sounded too like Erin Brockovich. (I mean, c'mon, at least chose Pretty Woman.)

Kevin Slater

It seems like when I look at ads, I see a remarkably high percentage of A-Names like Zack, Adam, Sam, Mark, Daniel, or Max but a relatively low percentage of names featuring other vowels. I don't spot many Tim, Tom, John, or Josh listings. Do A-names just sell better? :):p:D

The latter group of names are more client names. I've met lots of Tim Tom John...but not Josh.

What i want to know is what's up with all the XXL, XL, XXXL in names. This has become a recent phenomenon. Not to diss, but seems overused.

A seems to be integral in many names:

Samuel Jackson

Anderson Cooper

Adele

Archived