THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

CMT star Cody Alan comes out

marylander1940
This topic is 2805 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

CMT Star Cody Alan Comes Out as Gay: ‘You Can Find the Kind of Love, Peace and Happiness in This Life You Deserve’

To country music fans, Cody Alan has always been a ball of sunshine. But for years, the seemingly happy-go-lucky CMT and iHeartRadio host suffered an identity crisis, holding onto a secret he’s finally ready to share — that he’s gay.

“Though my TV or my radio persona was always that of a happy guy, there was this underlying ache inside of me for years, so I decided either I was gonna do something about it, or I was gonna live with this layer of misery underneath that happy face on the TV,” Alan, 44, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

“Once I realized it was okay to accept the truth, that it wasn’t my choice,” he adds, “it was a lot easier to start figuring out where to go with my life next.”

Since having that epiphany, the CMT personality has spent years coming to terms with his sexuality. And today, “I feel comfortable enough with myself to share it,” Alan says.

“I’ve wanted to share this part of my life, but I now have gotten to the point where it just feels right, and I’m at peace with where I am enough to be able to express it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/music/cmt-star-cody-alan-comes-155342842.html

Nice to see he's getting some support from many of his peers. Curious to see which event will hurt a career more: A country music star (Cody Alan) coming out as gay or a country band (The Dixie Chicks) criticizing then President George W. Bush in the middle of the Iraqi/ Afghan Wars.

CMT Star Cody Alan Comes Out as Gay: ‘You Can Find the Kind of Love, Peace and Happiness in This Life You Deserve’

To country music fans, Cody Alan has always been a ball of sunshine. But for years, the seemingly happy-go-lucky CMT and iHeartRadio host suffered an identity crisis, holding onto a secret he’s finally ready to share — that he’s gay.

“Though my TV or my radio persona was always that of a happy guy, there was this underlying ache inside of me for years, so I decided either I was gonna do something about it, or I was gonna live with this layer of misery underneath that happy face on the TV,” Alan, 44, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

“Once I realized it was okay to accept the truth, that it wasn’t my choice,” he adds, “it was a lot easier to start figuring out where to go with my life next.”

Since having that epiphany, the CMT personality has spent years coming to terms with his sexuality. And today, “I feel comfortable enough with myself to share it,” Alan says.

“I’ve wanted to share this part of my life, but I now have gotten to the point where it just feels right, and I’m at peace with where I am enough to be able to express it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/music/cmt-star-cody-alan-comes-155342842.html

Kudos to Cody....Nice to see the support he received from his children and his ex-wife. Coming out, regardless of age can be a tough road. I still remember the conversation I had with my mom in the waning days of her life. It gave me peace, a sense of belonging, and a self awareness that I carry with me to this day.

I'm still struggling with the residual effects of coming out to my family just a year ago at age 73. Regret is such a useless emotion, but so hard to avoid. My hat is off to Cody, and anyone else, who finds the strength to acknowledge and live the truth. I find as I share my true self with more of the people in my life, it gets easier, but never easy. Some parts of society will always condemn and mistreat me. I'm learning to fight back and/or not to care. What I will not do is retreat, no matter who is in power. I will not let society go back.

Who ?

don't worry I didn't know about him either....

Nice to see he's getting some support from many of his peers. Curious to see which event will hurt a career more: A country music star (Cody Alan) coming out as gay or a country band (The Dixie Chicks) criticizing then President George W. Bush in the middle of the Iraqi/ Afghan Wars.

I get your point but you're talking about 2 different things: personal life or standing against a war. We'll see the effects of coming out in his career, personally I must admit I've never heard about the guy till now. Maybe he'll go mainstream.

Archived