THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Montreal bars and Christmas

Ichabod
This topic is 2703 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Montreal; had a good time at the stripper bars. They were busier than I expected, although one of the dancers at Stock was complaining last night that no one wanted to do privates, even though there were quite a few customers. The city took the Christmas tree down on December 28th, which seems a tad early; I guess they got tired of the ridicule. The other news is that there's a lockout at the Hotel Gouverneur. Management locked out the staff in mid-December. They've been trying to run the hotel with about 20 managers doing all the work of the huge staff. Loud picketing out front several days this week. I am glad I was not staying there this time.

• 3 months later...

As of today, April 9, 2017, the Gouverneur staff are still on strike (I just called the hotel to double-check).

My next visit is imminent. So, since I won't cross a picket line, I'll be staying in Old Montreal this time.

It's not like I can't use the exercise :)

As of today, April 9, 2017, the Gouverneur staff are still on strike (I just called the hotel to double-check).

My next visit is imminent. So, since I won't cross a picket line, I'll be staying in Old Montreal this time.

It's not like I can't use the exercise :)

My travel there is imminent also, so safe travels and keep us posted, and kudos for not crossing a picket line.

We booked the Hotel St-Denis for our next trip. Just a couple of blocks away from the Gouverneur. I called them directly and got an unbelievable rate of 115 CAD/night.

http://www.hotel-st-denis.com/

I booked the Hotel St-Denis for just $89 CAD in mid-May for 4 nights through TripAdvisor back in March. I emailed the hotel before arriving and they guaranteed me a room on the top floor on the quiet side. I like it much better compared to the Gouverneur. My fave hotel is still the Hotel Loews Vogue.

I wonder if they've closed off Ste Catherine Street to vehicle traffic yet, and if there are any updates on Taboo or Club Unity or the Montreal hustle "street" scene?

I'm into skinny twinks.

I booked the Hotel St-Denis for just $89 CAD in mid-May for 4 nights through TripAdvisor back in March. I emailed the hotel before arriving and they guaranteed me a room on the top floor on the quiet side. I like it much better compared to the Gouverneur. My fave hotel is still the Hotel Loews Vogue.

I wonder if they've closed off Ste Catherine Street to vehicle traffic yet, and if there are any updates on Taboo or Club Unity or the Montreal hustle "street" scene?

I'm into skinny twinks.

I thought Club Unity was just a dance club? What goes on there? Are there twink hustlers available?

I thought Club Unity was just a dance club? What goes on there? Are there twink hustlers available?

I've never seen any. To be honest, Unity is sadly long past its prime (at least for gay men). It's noticeably quieter than it used to be.

I'm into skinny twinks.

I was totally happy with the St. Dennis.

I would not recommend the Goveneur Hotel period. Service is horrible, rooms are dated and not very clean. Just my experience.

I agree with you 100%, and so do most of the people on TripAdvisor reviews.

My favorite Montreal hotels (depending on my budget) are the Hotel Lowes Vogue and the Hotel St-Denis. I sleep into the early evening hours and stay up all night, so I need a hotel where it is relatively quiet during the daytime.

Plus, I always bring my own shower head and learn how to turn-off the "motion-sensor" device that always turns off my Air Conditioning while I'm away or asleep. I don't want to wake up to a stifling hot room because the hotel tries to save some money at my expense (regarding comfort).

I agree with you 100%, and so do most of the people on TripAdvisor reviews.

My favorite Montreal hotels (depending on my budget) are the Hotel Lowes Vogue and the Hotel St-Denis. I sleep into the early evening hours and stay up all night, so I need a hotel where it is relatively quiet during the daytime.

Plus, I always bring my own shower head and learn how to turn-off the "motion-sensor" device that always turns off my Air Conditioning while I'm away or asleep. I don't want to wake up to a stifling hot room because the hotel tries to save some money at my expense (regarding comfort).

You mean the air conditioner will turn off when you fall asleep since you don't move any more?

You mean the air conditioner will turn off when you fall asleep since you don't move any more?

Yes. Even at a few 5-star hotels!

If I'm paying 5-star prices, I should be able to run the A/C in my room whenever I wish during my stay during the Summer.

There are tons of videos on YouTube how to disable the sensor for 24-hours.

As far as Unity, I have never ceased to meet a hustler at a gay twink night club if one simply looks hard enough... and isn't shy to mingle.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Unity, I have never ceased to meet a hustler at a gay twink night club if one simply looks hard enough... and isn't shy to mingle.

I've walked past Unity countless times on my way into Stockbar, and have never once gone in.

At two to three times the age of the average customer, I'm afraid I'd stand out like a sore thumb. :)

Hey Grandpa! Wanna dance?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived