THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Montreal Hotel recommendations

DickyF
This topic is 2877 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I remember January in NYC when it was cold and windy--17 degrees with a wind chill of minus 9. It was like being freeze dried. Still, warm coat, gloves, scarf and hat should do the trick if you walk briskly.
and are not facing into the wind (or have a ski mask if you are :)).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been staying at the Gouveneur for years. Always a clean comfortable room. Cordial staff. Great location. Looking to try the Hotel St-Denis next time. Just a couple of blocks away. And over our 4 night stay a savings of about $200US. Rather spend that money on the boys. Any experience at the St-Denis to share?

We've been staying at the Gouveneur for years. Always a clean comfortable room. Cordial staff. Great location. Looking to try the Hotel St-Denis next time. Just a couple of blocks away. And over our 4 night stay a savings of about $200US. Rather spend that money on the boys. Any experience at the St-Denis to share?

Some have complained about construction noise--a building nearby is being rebuilt. Likely not to be a big problem with windows closed in the winter. Didn't bother me at all last June. Like the hotel a lot! Very tasteful room--pleasing if simple decor. Very comfortable bed. Modern bathroom. Water very hot--could use a new shower head. Room came with lots of outlets, free wifi, iron and board, fridge, safe--can't remember if there was a coffee maker, I think not. Housekeeping did a good job. Prices are great for the quality and location. Desk staff was polite and efficient, but not outstandingly friendly. Nice enough, but a bit impersonal. But then, when I brought someone back to the room, they didn't even look up, so they don't pay much attention to comings and goings--a potential plus. Restaurant next door serves a good breakfast. Less than 2 blocks from the express airport bus stop and banks and the metro station.

Nice boutique hotel off St.Catherine, very close to Campus and Stockbar, I stayed there last year for a couple of nights. The room had a comfortable bed, nicely decorated, and a clean modern bathroom. The room was a bit too small for me, and my guest.

Cons: The Front Desk employees were not very friendly, never smile, or acknowledge you when you walk by the desk. Elevator smelled badly, somebody urinated inside of it.

Archived