THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Stevensiana

AdamSmith
This topic is 2755 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

John Ashbery collected some great Pierre Reverdy in "Complete Poems". Here's an audio interview about it.

http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/bookworm/john-ashbery-and-ron-padgett-on-the-works-of-pierre-reverdy#seg-john-ashbery-and-ron-padgett-on-the-works-of-pierre-reverdy

And in that interview you can hear him read from my fav.

"Litany"

May it please the shower of gold to cover me, for I am cold from soft metal.

May it please the shower of gold to cover me, for I am cold from soft metal.

May it please the shower of water to cover me, for I have faith of metamorphoses.

May it please the shower of water to cover me, for I have faith of metamorphoses.

May it please the harsh idea to nourish me, for I thirst after my false loves.

May it please the harsh idea to nourish me, for I thirst after my false loves.

May it please the afternoon to suffice me, for I have had too much of my dark days.

May it please the afternoon to suffice me, for I have had too much of my dark days.

May it please the near year to open for me, for I have knocked at its door in vain.

May it please the near year to open for me, for I have knocked at its door in vain.

May it please the calm sea to swell, for I have trapped too many sea lice.

May it please the calm sea to swell, for I have trapped too many sea lice.

May it please the incarnate soul to show itself, for I have believed in the incarnate soul.

May it please the incarnate soul to show itself, for I have believed in the incarnate soul.

May it please the closed fist to show itself, for I have drawn a rusty blade.

May it please the closed fist to show itself, for I have drawn a rusty blade.

May it please the lover, the loved, to lie to itself, for I have known the weight of the lie.

May it please the lover, the loved, to lie to itself, for I have known the weight of the lie.

May it please the man in tears to bruise himself, I’ve howled the cry of my dreams.

May it please the man in tears to bruise himself, I’ve howled the cry of my dreams.

-Pierre Martory

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived