THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Gun Oil & Lubricant Messes

Racketjock
This topic is 2926 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Dear trusted friends, I have a problem. During a recent trip, I purchased some Gun Oil lubricant for use with silicone. During my return trip home, said lubricant spilled out of my toiletry bag and to the rest of my suitcase. I sprayed the clothes with "Shout" and laundered them. It didn't get the stain out. Any advice on how to remove since I washed them or a secret to getting it out? Or am I screwed without any fun, and need to sadly lament my lost clothing and use of a good lube? Thanks for any advice.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't guarantee this will work in this particular case, but the best treatment for grease/greasy stains is Lestoil, not a stain remover like Shout. I get to use Lestoil with some frequency because food spills are a regular occurrence. It smells terrible but it generally works.

If that doesn't work, I don't know of any alternatives. BigK is right, though. Anything that could leak needs to be stored in ziplocks when traveling.

Dear trusted friends, I have a problem. During a recent trip, I purchased some Gun Oil lubricant for use with silicone. During my return trip home, said lubricant spilled out of my toiletry bag and to the rest of my suitcase. I sprayed the clothes with "Shout" and laundered them. It didn't get the stain out. Any advice on how to remove since I washed them or a secret to getting it out? Or am I screwed without any fun, and need to sadly lament my lost clothing and use of a good lube? Thanks for any advice.

I have heard silicon lube stains referred to as, "shame stains" by people that work at sex stores. I have had more than a few sets of sheets with hand prints in them. If your going to travel with silicone lube in the future (its my favorite kind of lube) put it in a plastic bag. Unfortunately its probably not going to come out the only thing i would recommend would be to use very hot water when washing the affected articles of clothing.

I have heard silicon lube stains referred to as, "shame stains" by people that work at sex stores. I have had more than a few sets of sheets with hand prints in them. If your going to travel with silicone lube in the future (its my favorite kind of lube) put it in a plastic bag. Unfortunately its probably not going to come out the only thing i would recommend would be to use very hot water when washing the affected articles of clothing.

A handprint on a sheet shouldn't be worrisome. On the other hand I got an approving glance at the footprint on a set of drapes.

Take it to a dry cleaner. If anyone can get it out, they can.

I had a hell of a time with a handprint on the wall over my bed. Couldn't clean it off. I had to paint over it with primer, then repaint the wall. Big expensive mess but a lot of fun making it.

My husband saw a small stain on the drapes on our bedroom and asked if it was lube. I suggested it was only lube if it squirted out of his ass at high velocity.

When I was a young buck, I had just paid too much money for a set of deep red "guests sheets" and got Gun Oil stains on them the first time I used them. Gun Oil on the red fabric left obvious dark splotches that were visible even under low light. Luckily, I knew just where to get help. I went to my neighborhood gay bar where a group of older guys hung out on a daily basis. They had previously provided advice about removing cum stains from headboards, so I knew that, among them, someone would know what to do. Not to be rude, but if you need housecleaning advice, or advice on anything else for that matter, always find a group of tipsy old queens- they have seen it all. The matter required a good deal of discussion, and lead to a number of memorable stories that confirmed that these guys were wilder than I had ever thought to be, but I got a number of possible solutions. The advice I took home was to take a black Sharpy pen and circle the stain. Then add a name and a date. The sheets are still stained, but my headboard is free of unsightly notches.

This approach may not work on a dress shirt, however.

...The advice I took home was to take a black Sharpy pen and circle the stain. Then add a name and a date. The sheets are still stained, but my headboard is free of unsightly notches.

This approach may not work on a dress shirt, however.

This is the funniest thing I read today.

From http://learn.condomdepot.com/2014/04/14/removing-lube-stains/:

>>>

Silicone-Based and Hybrid Lube Stains

WET Keep It Clean

http://i2.wp.com/www.condomdepot.com/content/product/large/keep-it-clean.jpg?resize=156%2C168

While this is technically an adult toy cleaner, Keep it Clean is the absolute best option for removing silicone stains from sheets and/or clothing. Pre-treat your sheets/clothing before washing them. You will notice suds appear when the fabric is rubbed together correctly.

Pjur Med Clean

http://i2.wp.com/www.condomdepot.com/content/product/large/pjurmedclean.jpg?resize=156%2C168

Again, this product is designed for keeping your adult toys clean, but Pjur Med Clean works well on silicone lube stains, particularly if they are mixed with other secretions from the body (fecal matter, blood, ejaculate, discharge). It’s disinfectant properties also ensure that your sheets are germ free, even prior to washing.

Soilove

http://i2.wp.com/learn.condomdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/soilove.gif?resize=168%2C168

This is the most economical option for silicone lube stain removal. This is a laundry soil stain remover which is available for purchase online, but I’ve seen it at the dollar store. Use it liberally and really work it into the fabric.

De-Solv-It

http://i1.wp.com/learn.condomdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/desolvit.jpg?resize=150%2C150

This citrus based spray is great for removing silicone lube stains from some fabrics, but De-Solv-It needs to be used in a timely manner, and it is hit or miss depending on what your sheets are made of.

OxiClean

http://i0.wp.com/learn.condomdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/oxiclean.jpg?resize=148%2C180

This product works for removing silicone stains, but only if the stain is still fresh (not dried yet). So, if this is your preferred way to remove silicone lube stains, be prepared to get up and treat those sheets with OxiClean right away.

<<<

Also see:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5217444_remove-silicone-fabric.html

http://www.idlube.com/2012/10/do-personal-lubricants-stain-fabrics/

If I'm traveling with silicone lube I always put the bottle in a separate ziplock bag that I then put in with the rest of my liquids. But I also always travel with a travel-sized bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid - just in case there is a spill, but also to get the lube completely off my hands and, um, any other random body parts that no longer need to be slippery.

Dawn also works well as a pre-laundering treatment for clothes or linens that have had silicone lube spilled on them. Trust me, I speak from experience. Namely that time the top came off my extra large bottle of gun oil resulting in about 12oz of the stuff spilling onto my Frette sheets. Fear not, the stain did come out. And even if it had not come out, it still would have been totally worth it. :rolleyes:

I also always travel with a travel-sized bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid - just in case there is a spill, but also to get the lube completely off my hands and, um, any other random body parts that no longer need to be slippery.

Goodness! I do so hope you never accidentally grab the bottle of the travel sized Dawn, and used it as Lube. :p

Goodness! I do so hope you never accidentally grab the bottle of the travel sized Dawn, and used it as Lube. :p

As someone who foolishly agreed to my college boyfriend's suggestion to use strawberry scented shampoo as lube, I heartily agree. As soon as we tried it, I remembered why it was a bad idea (soap, which is what shampoo is, is a base, and as such stings). The pain subsided in a couple of hours, but the opportunity to have a little fun was forever lost.

Mind you, this was back in the Jurassic period when there were few if any commercial formulations made for this specific purpose.

I hope you'll get the proper advice about how to clean your belongings... I'm just going to say I don't ever use it because it remains in your body for days and always leaves a stain in the bedsheets.

As someone who foolishly agreed to my college boyfriend's suggestion to use strawberry scented shampoo as lube, I heartily agree. As soon as we tried it, I remembered why it was a bad idea (soap, which is what shampoo is, is a base, and as such stings). The pain subsided in a couple of hours, but the opportunity to have a little fun was forever lost.

Mind you, this was back in the Jurassic period when there were few if any commercial formulations made for this specific purpose.

I'm sorry to hear about that but it could have been worse...

Archived