THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Masseurs who are overly chatty......

jazzfan
This topic is 2944 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't mind being a little chatty during the massage, but it's the topic. I have one guy who stopped going to because wanted to talk about religions, politics and race. those topics are too heavy. I'm a person of color and don't mind talking about these things, but not on a massage table. The new guy i go to, we chatted about travel the entire time. which was a much lighter subject

I recently had to stop seeing an amazing masseur whom I had

been going to for several years. He just couldn't shut up. And

it was always wacko conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo.

I had directly told him several times to please don't talk during

the massage. It was useless.The last massage I had, I caught myself

desperately trying to turn his mindless chatter into "white noise"

so I could relax.

Unfortunately he had amazing skills as a massage therapist and

was a really nice guy otherwise, but in the end the constant talking

wore me out.

My regular massage therapist has become a friend and we can easily nerd out over the massage table talking about movies, games, both. I have found that a few strategic moans of pleasure can refocus us both on the massage as needed! I often actually try to sync my breathing to his and focus almost meditatively, so if talk is too much I just go vocal but nonverbal. I have known him for years though and when meeting a new massage therapist I would say upfront of I wanted minimal chatter. I just came back from a trip to DC where a gorgeous Uber driver got really political really fast, and I flirted enough with him to stymie him into stuttering conversation limited to the sights and the weather!

Be honest up front and it usually works. I learned the hard way when I found a guy who would t stop talking and I decided I just wasn't going to pay for that anymore. Be nice, polite, and respectful but say what you want and need and it should work (most of the time, lol)

Archived