THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Lapdances in Montreal

mcbg22
This topic is 2897 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've noticed the prices on expedia for Montreal packages are more expensive then they've ever been and that's with the Canadian dollar at a lower rate to US$...somebody is making out and it's not American tourists.

I got a good deal on a room at the Hotel St. Denis (which I really liked a lot,) but got soaked on the air fare from Seattle. Not impressed by Air Canada. Not much worse than most airlines, but certainly no better. Food was for purchase only--overpriced and bad. Worst inflight entertainment system in my experience--rotten outdated equipment, pathetic selection of films or music. Fee charged to check one bag, even though this was an international flight. I had paid extra for an upgrade to "Premium Economy" for increased legroom. I will admit that the seat and legroom were not horrible, however, my seat was exactly the same as every other seat on the plane!!! So, what was I paying $60 extra for? True, the seat was closer to the front of the plane, but who really cares about that? It had a good view of business class right in front of me where there are only 2 seats occupying the same space as 3 seats in economy. Of course, they always close that blue curtain so the people in economy can't see the business people getting served fillet, lobster and free champagne while the rest of us are being rationed out water and tiny packets of pretzels. So, in very real terms, business class gets meat and wine while economy gets bread and water with the option to purchase disgusting food at rip off prices. Airlines today calculate their profits based on what is termed the "misery factor." This is why they have invented "premium economy" class. The idea is that if you do not purchase an upgrade to "premium" economy, they will guarantee that you will be miserable. BTW, with fuel prices being so low, airlines are making record profits. Security screening would be much shorter if the airlines eliminated that checked luggage fee--fewer carry-ons equals faster screening. Stop overs to change planes used to be no big deal, but now they are a nightmare. Have you noticed that the arrival gate is as far away from the connecting departure gate as is physically possible? One has to walk the length of several football fields dragging one's carry-on to get from one to the other, not to mention having to go through security all over again! (Frankfort airport is one of the worst in this regard--Bangkok is one of the best.) There used to be time to purchase something edible at the airport, but no more! It can take an hour and a half just to get from one gate to another with no time to stop for a snack. Guess this is my rant for the day.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reminder about the 3-5 pm "happy hour" 2 for 1 lap dances at campus. And fyi, even though the campus website makes it sound like it would be all skinny twinks at that hour, the one time I went that early in the day in 2015, there were some nicely muscled dancers working. :-)

I stayed there once last year, it was okay. Very cheap, I only paid $41.00 per night. My hot hunky date did not like it, due to vomit smell in the elevator. I was there for only 2 days, then I switched to much larger suite at a condo resort hotel for 6 nights ( total cost of $150.00 including tax).

How was the shower pressure at Hotel St. Denis? Any issues at the hotel? Did you visit Taboo?

You nailed it. Shower pressure was just adequate--hardly what I would call great. Water was hot, but they need new shower heads. Other than that, I really liked the place. Room was very clean, good size and quite tastefully decorated. AC worked. Had refrigerator and iron and coffee maker included, excellent free wifi, lots of electrical outlets and charger jacks, TV I did not use. I think I paid about $89 per night for single room with king bed. Good place for breakfast right next door.

Housekeeping was fine. Front desk people were polite and responsive once you got their attention, but did not go out of their way to be welcoming--they mostly just ignored me. That was OK since I really didn't want them to be monitoring my movements and those of my guests--they didn't. In other words one trades polished customer service for increased privacy. I would absolutely stay there again. Location is perfect--about 6 short blocks from Campus and less than 2 blocks from the stop for the airport express bus. There was some construction noise in the AM, but I assume that is not a chronic problem, and it didn't bother me much.

Never got to Lux or Taboo. I was fully engaged elsewhere. Next time. I'm thinking of going back in January or February when it is freaking freezing and prices are down. I got to see what I wanted to see of the city in absolutely perfect weather, so don't need to do that again. Montreal does not have a lot of "must see" attractions, but is a delightful place just to hang out. Nice atmosphere, nice people.

You nailed it. Shower pressure was just adequate--hardly what I would call great. Water was hot, but they need new shower heads. Other than that, I really liked the place.

Most excellent. The reason I asked about the water pressure is because other people have said the same thing regarding shower pressure, so I always bring my own shower head and wrench when I travel.

Hotel Denis has the best shower pressure once you replace their shower head. For a more upscale hotel, Lowes Vogue also works fantastic.

My favorite time to visit Montreal is late September and late May.

Most excellent. The reason I asked about the water pressure is because other people have said the same thing regarding shower pressure, so I always bring my own shower head and wrench when I travel.

Hotel Denis has the best shower pressure once you replace their shower head. For a more upscale hotel, Lowes Vogue also works fantastic.

My favorite time to visit Montreal is late September and late May.

I have traveled with a hand held shower head and a couple attachments. Comes in very handy.

I like the Embassy Suites, Hôtel Faubourg Montréal , The Westin, Omni, and my favorite Hotel Le Crystal Montreal. They are super expensive during high season (April-October), best time to stay at these properties is during winter time (low season).

Durting high season (summer time), I recommend Hotel Saint Denis, Residence Inn Marriott, L'apartment Hotel, and Hotel Le Robertval.

...so I always bring my own shower head and wrench when I travel

Sorry to get off-topic... I've considered doing this but always been worried that the hotel would object to someone messing with their fixtures. Have you ever had a problem? Do you leave your shower head installed for your entire stay and just switch them back on checkout day?

Sorry to get off-topic... I've considered doing this but always been worried that the hotel would object to someone messing with their fixtures. Have you ever had a problem? Do you leave your shower head installed for your entire stay and just switch them back on checkout day?

I've been traveling with my own shower head and wrench for over 25 years. I just keep it in my checked luggage. For me, poor water pressure can ruin an entire trip. I simply install my high-pressure shower-head (pre-1992) when I arrive at the hotel, and then remove it when I leave at the end of my stay.

The golden rule is to leave it as you found it.... undamaged.

Keep in mind, some hotels (like the older rooms in the OMNI) have showerheads where it's impossible to remove without tearing the entire assembly off the wall, while other hotels are wise to their customers bringing their own showerheads, so it will make no difference if you change out the shower head as the water pressure will still remain artificially low because they have a low-flow cartridge installed (behind the knob that controls the hot and cold water).

Happy showering.

You guys are tempting me to take a trip to Montreal. A few questions about the hotels. Is it safe around the St Denis, including the walk to and from the bars late at night? I ask because I recall some people talking about the Hotel Gouverneur being in iffy surroundings. And is there a reason no one is recommending the Gouverneur anymore? Also, is it practical to stay at a hotel further away and drive to the bars? Is parking a problem? Thanks.

Lots of homeless people hang around the The Governors Hotel, but nothing will happend to you if you decide to stay there. It's close to the strip clubs, and there is a food court, and supermarket right next to it. Hotel Saint Denis is okay, it's in a much better location than Governors Hotel. The rooms are small, and the hotel is really old.

Stay at the Le Robertval Hotel or Hôtel Faubourg Montréal Centre-Ville Downtown, much better. Both hotels are close to the strip clubs (within 10-12 minutes walk). I'm a VIP member at both hotels. I get the VIP treatment (VIP suite), when I stay at Robertval or Faubourg. Great hotels, rates are reasonable. They are not as luxurious as other hotels that I have stayed in Montreal (Embassy Suites, Omni, Westin, Hotel Le Crystal). But both hotels offer low daily, and weekly rates.

Hotel Gouverneur is a real dump in the middle of Montreal's "skid row." I wouldn't recommend it.

I much prefer to stay at Hotel Lowes Vogue and then simply take the 5-minute metro directly to Papineau and Club Taboo.

You can also find some good deals on Priceline if you're bidding on 4-star hotels. After your winning bid, directly email the hotel manager prior to your visit informing them you have read all the positive reviews of his hotel on Tripadvisor and you're looking forward to contributing your own positive review after your stay. This would be an excellent opportunity to include any preferences you have such as top floor, away from elevators and ice machine, fantastic city view, quiet room, non-adjoining room, etc. These are some tricks of the trade (no pun) I picked up.

You will almost certainly get a great room even if you've purchased on Priceline, because the hotel knows you will be leaving a review.

Many say Montreal is totally safe and you can do no wrong; however, I've witnessed a homeless person with a a large knife attack a group of 5 people in broad daylight in the middle of busy Ste. Catherine Street surrounded by tons of people who did nothing but watch or keep walking. They were stabbed just because the group refused to give up their 12-pack of beer to the homeless man.

It was a bloody affair. My shirt was covered in blood and I wasn't the one stabbed. Fortunately, the police just happened to be at the right place at the right time and tackle the guy after I flagged them down. Attacks do happen on Ste. Catherine in broad daylight. Don't be fooled. Always be vigilant.

Yes, for the most part, Montreal is a relatively safe larger city and you will likely have lots of fun if you use common sense and always keep your guard up.

If you want a no-thrills, cheap-and-clean hotel then Hotel Denis is great. Just bring your own shower head. I brought my own shower head to the Hotel Gouverneur, but it made no difference. The water pressure was abysmal in several rooms I've tried.

My favorite Montreal hotels are Lowes Vogue, and the OMNI hotel room #2102. A fantastic corner room with excellent shower pressure in the heart of Montreal's Golden Mile.

If you have funds, I've always wanted to try Le Saint-Sulpice hotel in Old Montreal.

Hotel Gouverneur is a real dump in the middle of Montreal's "skid row." I wouldn't recommend it.

I much prefer to stay at Hotel Lowes Vogue and then simply take the 5-minute metro directly to Papineau and Club Taboo.

You can also find some good deals on Priceline if you're bidding on 4-star hotels. After your winning bid, directly email the hotel manager prior to your visit informing them you have read all the positive reviews of his hotel on Tripadvisor and you're looking forward to contributing your own positive review after your stay. This would be an excellent opportunity to include any preferences you have such as top floor, away from elevators and ice machine, fantastic city view, quiet room, non-adjoining room, etc. These are some tricks of the trade (no pun) I picked up.

You will almost certainly get a great room even if you've purchased on Priceline, because the hotel knows you will be leaving a review.

Many say Montreal is totally safe and you can do no wrong; however, I've witnessed a homeless person with a a large knife attack a group of 5 people in broad daylight in the middle of busy Ste. Catherine Street surrounded by tons of people who did nothing but watch or keep walking. They were stabbed just because the group refused to give up their 12-pack of beer to the homeless man.

It was a bloody affair. My shirt was covered in blood and I wasn't the one stabbed. Fortunately, the police just happened to be at the right place at the right time and tackle the guy after I flagged them down. Attacks do happen on Ste. Catherine in broad daylight. Don't be fooled. Always be vigilant.

Yes, for the most part, Montreal is a relatively safe larger city and you will likely have lots of fun if you use common sense and always keep your guard up.

If you want a no-thrills, cheap-and-clean hotel then Hotel Denis is great. Just bring your own shower head. I brought my own shower head to the Hotel Gouverneur, but it made no difference. The water pressure was abysmal in several rooms I've tried.

My favorite Montreal hotels are Lowes Vogue, and the OMNI hotel room #2102. A fantastic corner room with excellent shower pressure in the heart of Montreal's Golden Mile.

If you have funds, I've always wanted to try Le Saint-Sulpice hotel in Old Montreal.

I like the Gouverneur. It is not a dump and is certainly not on "skid row". It is on Ste. Catherine and is just a short walk down to Campus and has indoor access to the metro at Place Depuis. Get a larger room on a high floor facing the city. I don't remember the water pressure. It has been OK for me the many times I have stayed there. Btw, the Vogue has one of the best Sunday brunches in town.

I have stayed here. It is very nice. Location is good too. Met Dana Delany there filming a movie in the lobby.

That's awesome!

It's one of the most beautiful hotels I've seen in Montreal, right next to the Notre-Dame basilica. Their photos show they have those "hand-held" shower wands instead of the traditional wall-mounted shower head. That was my only reservation.

I hear you can get a quiet courtyard room, or face the street for people watching. Some rooms have balconies and high ceilings, which is really fantastic.

I like the Gouverneur. It is not a dump and is certainly not on "skid row". It is on Ste. Catherine and is just a short walk down to Campus and has indoor access to the metro at Place Depuis. Get a larger room on a high floor facing the city. I don't remember the water pressure. It has been OK for me the many times I have stayed there. Btw, the Vogue has one of the best Sunday brunches in town.

I guess it depends on your point of view. I'm coming from a nice, affluent, upscale neighborhood. The top 1%. I'm not a snob. Far from it. But the Gouverneur has seen better days... to put it nicely.

That park next door to the Hotel Gouverneur is certainly considered Montreal's "skid row." It's where tons of homeless hang out and sleep during the warmer months. I literally couldn't leave the hotel without getting accosted non-stop by various homeless people. Some are fairly aggressive too. It was not pleasant. I'd much rather stay at the OMNI and avoid that entire homeless scene. The Golden Mile area is a much safer area.

My room at the Gouverneur was #2809 out of a 30 story building. The view was one of the best views I've ever had of downtown. My room was recently renovated; however, the rest of the hotel has the appearance of a third-world country.

Don't just take my word for it being a dump, read the reviews of almost one thousand people who pretty much say the same thing:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155032-d183244-Reviews-Hotels_Gouverneur_Montreal-Montreal_Quebec.html

Yes, the breakfast at the Vogue is fantastic. The breakfast at the Gouverneur was overlooking a McDonalds on Ste. Catherine street with drugged-out homeless people banging on police cars.

I could pee harder than the shower pressure at the Gouverneur. The overnight front desk guy let me try several rooms to compare, and they were all nasty. Plus, I got food poisoning from their breakfast.

I would never stay there again.

I have never stayed at the Hotel Loews Vogue or Le Saint-Sulpice hotel in Montreal. I will have to try it out both properties soon.

The reviews about The Gorvenors Hotel on tripadvisors, yelp, and expedia are brutal. Lots of people saying, it's time for a major renovation.

Archived