THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Living Anatomy Model

jjkrkwood
This topic is 3013 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've got a book I bought during my brief attempt at learning to draw, "Visualizing Muscles". They painted muscles on a good looking guy and had him pose nude in various positions to show how the muscles stretched and contracted during motion. The foreword talked a lot about the prep work and the long days for the model, he couldn't even sit without risking smearing the paint job. I couldn't find any good pictures from the book online, though.

(pic deleted)

Great definition. Reminds me of some of my bodybuilder clients.

I've got a book I bought during my brief attempt at learning to draw, "Visualizing Muscles". They painted muscles on a good looking guy and had him pose nude in various positions to show how the muscles stretched and contracted during motion. The foreword talked a lot about the prep work and the long days for the model, he couldn't even sit without risking smearing the paint job. I couldn't find any good pictures from the book online, though.

That's a fun book as a reference for those learning anatomy. Very helpful for visualizing muscle placement and positioning if you haven't done a lot of cadaver work or you're not very good at mental visualization.

Here's a pic I found from the VM book. I would've enjoyed being the painter. :D

http://kalliopimonoyios.com/symbiartic/2013/13-015CodyVisualizingMuscles.jpg

Is it my imagination, or is this model missing BALLS ?

Archived