THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Miss USA 2016 is an Army officer.

marylander1940
This topic is 3026 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The newly crowned Miss USA is a 26-year-old Army officer from the District of Columbia who gave perhaps the strongest answer of the night when asked about women in combat.

“As a woman in the United States Army, I think … we are just as tough as men. As a commander of my unit, I’m powerful, I am dedicated,” Deshauna Barber said. “Gender does not limit us in the United States.”

As the winner of Sunday’s 2016 Miss USA competition held at the T-Mobile Arena off the Las Vegas Strip, Barber will go on to compete in the Miss Universe contest.

Coming in second was Miss Hawaii, who punted during the question-and-answer segment when asked who she would vote for among the likely presidential candidates, Democrat Hillary Clinton or former pageant owner Donald Trump, a Republican.

Chelsea Hardin acknowledged that there was no way to correctly answer the question during the beauty pageant. The question was framed with Clinton’s likely status of being the first woman nominated by a major political party for the White House. Hardin responded that gender doesn’t matter when deciding the next commander in chief. The 24-year-old college student from Honolulu simply said the new president should push for what’s right for the country.

88f7f2324e5459b8c320fa70ac7eb6d9

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/miss-usa-back-stage-turbulent-donald-trump-173034977.html

This is the first Miss Anything show I can think of where 2 of the runner ups were "Sistas" like the host said at the end (though I really didn't think it was necessary for him to say it). And then, for D.C. to win it just sealed the deal.

This is the first Miss Anything show I can think of where 2 of the runner ups were "Sistas" like the host said at the end (though I really didn't think it was necessary for him to say it). And then, for D.C. to win it just sealed the deal.

We don't win often, I'm sure the Reps would like us not to be in the show either because we're no a state.

Hey

Unless it's the Mr. USA I'm just not too interested! :eek:

Peace,

Kipp

A Mr. America contest would be nice...but it'd likely end up being a Chippendale Bachlorette party, with a confusing mix of gay and straight men. Not to mention all the husbands that would bar their wives and girlfriends from watching. Ratings wouldn't be as good. Not that there would be anything wrong with it, but it's America. Where taboo is okay as long as it's not on broadcast television. Bunch of bullcrap.

I like the Miss Universe/USA pageants. Other than awakening your straight brain cells once in awhile, I find the questions and answers part to be anticipating, every since that one girl from South Carolina flubbed up her answer. Other than that, we have enough male dominated shit on broadcast TV as it is. The only way the hot men are celebrated on TV is if it involves sweat, blood, or a torn ACL.

Mr. America? Too gay for the average homophobic American to accept.

92c06a3023cd775cba204adcb808e587

The Columbus, Georgia-native cried and stood speechless as Jordan placed the lavish crown on her head. After the win, Barber gave a brief statement in a video posted on the competition's Twitter account.

"I was just crowned Miss USA 2016. This is so surreal," she said in the clip. "I'm very much in disbelief. I'm moving to New York tomorrow and I cannot wait for this reign to start."

Archived