THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

"I'm gonna miss you" A memorial day song.

marylander1940
This topic is 3035 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LOL, this ain't another: "I'm leaving the forum thread" if it was I would write "I'm going to miss yinz".

Army Rangers Release Memorial Day Song From Afghanistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvUAD0wGOc

Maybe it was bound to happen: After 15 years of war, two talented soldiers cross paths and discover a mutual love of music.

That’s exactly what occurred for First Lt. Andrew Yacovone and First Lt. Justin Wright, Army rangers writing and producing country songs on deployment in Afghanistan.

The pair met on their first day of infantry basic training for officers in 2014.

cd790300-24d6-11e6-b437-3ddd0e5fedf8_HT_Interstate_10_Guys_on_Boat_hb_160527_4x3_992.jpg

Andrew described the moment -- a bunch of soldiers standing around after an exhausting day of training.

“I called out to the crowd and asked if anyone played guitar,” Andrew said. "Lo and behold, Justin was standing right next to me and he was like, 'Heck yeah, I play guitar!'"

The new friends “jammed” all night.

e847ce00-24d6-11e6-b437-3ddd0e5fedf8_HT_Interstate10_music_video_hb_160527_4x3_992.jpg

Shortly after that meeting, they debuted their first YouTube hit, “Hometown Hero,” from Afghanistan. A full-length EP produced from a studio followed.

Now, this Memorial Day weekend, Interstate 10, as the pair are now known, has released its latest music video, “I’m Gonna Miss You,” which is dedicated to military families of fallen servicemen.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/army-rangers-release-memorial-day-song-afghanistan-035900105--abc-news-topstories.html

Archived