THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Requesting info on Chelsea Pods hotel NY

JayNY
This topic is 3062 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anybody stay at the Chelsea Pods Hotel in NY? Please provide detail information on condition of hotel and if it is a suitable place to bring in overnight guests. The daily rate is very low for NY below $70.00 a night, Please if possible compare this hotel with Grand Bowery Hotel in Chinatown NY. Is it closet seize room like Bowery, and do they wash the sheets daily.

I would like to stay in the (Chelsea, Hell's kitchen, The Village) area.

From Trip Advisor:

About the place: The Pods are indeed small cubicles, so it's more a hostel than a hotel. They are open at the top (to allow for ventilation), which means that you might hear your neighbor snoring. They are not meant for tall people (over 5.7 or 170cm) because you will not be able to stretch out when sleeping. Bathroom and toilets are shared. So in summary: not your place of choice if you want luxury, but rather an alternative to a bunk bed in a hostel. Apart from that: Clean, good location, nice (all day) breakfast with lots of fruits.

Doesn't sound to me like a great place for an out-call.

@Will Do beat me to it, but I'm posting anyway to reinforce what he posted above!

Never stayed there, but I have heard about it. A friend has stayed at a similar place called The Jane and decided that it was not worth it. In his situation it was simply a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights where he and I would be seeking out fun at other venues. I did see the facilities and fortunately I had decided to stay at a real hotel.

Do read the reviews that are posted on Tripadvisor.com and I think you will decide that similarly it would not be not worth the effort and especially if you plan to have a "guest" join you in the "Pod"! From what I gather from the reviews the soundproofing leaves much to be desired. If you needed a cheap place to crash for the night it could work, but not for any extracurricular activities.

However, as I said I am not personally familiar with the place, but personally I would look elsewhere.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k9257335-Chelsea_Pods-New_York_City_New_York.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d9981282-r365519632-Chelsea_Pods-New_York_City_New_York.html#UR365519632

PS: seriously if at all possible I would choose a real hotel and given the fact that in Manhattan not much is more than a few minutes away by subway or cab any midtown location would probably work. Plus, there are hotels that are located in the Chelsea etc. area that are reasonably priced. Of course it depends on the days that you will choosing. Also keep in mind that hotel rates fluctuate as do airline fares. You need to do your homework, but it can be done if you stay on top of things.

Good luck!

Archived