THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Joe Jonas new video with a plus-size model.

marylander1940
This topic is 3028 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Joe Jonas Gets Kudos for New Video Co-Star: ‘Not a Skinny Model’

Posted to Joe Jonas’s Facebook for a new music video set to release soon, Jonas is lying in bed with a beautiful woman who, contrary to many other music video models, is not a size 0. Considering how often the love interest in music videos is the stereotypically tall and lean supermodel, many of his fans were pleasantly surprised (OK, actually freaking out with joy) to see that he went a different route. See for yourself, below:

tumblr_inline_o7bzwppR341tiffji_1280.png.cf.jpg

Joe gives Ashley the look of music video love. (Image courtesy of Facebook/Joe Jonas)

The woman pictured isAshley Graham the first ever plus-size model to cover a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Unsurprisingly, people are absolutely loving her guest appearance in the sneak peek image, and they posted some pretty inspiring messages on his Facebook page.

“Wow she’s not a skinny model Joe Jonas I love ya even more now,” wrote one woman. “As a girl with curves, to be thought of as sexy and beautiful is a major thing,” noted another, with other fans writing things like “I love seeing full figured girls (like myself) in videos and in the music/movie/tv industry in general” and “Joe casting a ‘plus size’ model just made my morning.”

“Girls who are insecure about their bodies, girls who feel fat, girls who have cellulite, girls who have stretch marks on their body — those are all the things that I had as a kid and I never had a woman like me growing up to look at,” Graham told People back in March about her Sports Illustrated. “To have somebody who has cellulite, who has things that jiggle, who has back fat and talk about how you can be an overcomer and not let society take you down for all of that. That’s real.”

Clearly a popular image, the photo has more than 40,000 likes and more than 1,000 shares. Kudos to Joe for embracing a different — and gorgeous — model type. We can’t wait to see the full video.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/joe-jonas-gets-kudos-for-new-video-costar-not-a-185527906.html

What the heck size is she - 12? She may be a plus model, but those do not look like plus sized clothes.

I'm glad she's not super skinny, but come on. She is not all that curvy. I should know. 44/41.5/50 here. Now that's curvy as well as almost no waist.

I'm waiting to see women of my shape in music videos other than as the singers themselves (Aretha, Adele, Meghan Trainor). Also, my size was not always thus. Once upon a time I was skinny except for wide hips and fat thighs.

In terms of the "modeling community," this woman is plus sized. That's only because most models (both male and female) have almost zero body fat, with the women typically emaciated looking and then men typically ripped.

It's been said many times before -- Marilyn Monroe's body type would be "plus sized" today, and back in her era that was considered the normal (and sexy) body type.

What the heck size is she - 12? She may be a plus model, but those do not look like plus sized clothes.

I'm glad she's not super skinny, but come on. She is not all that curvy. I should know. 44/41.5/50 here. Now that's curvy as well as almost no waist.

I'm waiting to see women of my shape in music videos other than as the singers themselves (Aretha, Adele, Meghan Trainor). Also, my size was not always thus. Once upon a time I was skinny except for wide hips and fat thighs.

"Plus size" means normal in the fashion industry.

http://anf.scene7.com/is/image/anf/anf-sizecharts-mens-tops

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/519ce57d69bedd3c5c000007-1190-625/what-abercrombie-and-fitch-ads-would-look-like-with-plus-size-models.jpg

http://3o2fkh3cei6g217eh13mgw0p.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Abercrombie2.jpg

Did you belong to this category when you were young?

As an Irish-American I'm not sure I was called "All-American" in the 40's and 50's, I was certainly in-shape and cute but I wasn't allowed to live in some neighborhoods because my allegiance to the Pope...

abercrombiefitch1ckids.jpg

In terms of the "modeling community," this woman is plus sized. That's only because most models (both male and female) have almost zero body fat, with the women typically emaciated looking and then men typically ripped.

It's been said many times before -- Marilyn Monroe's body type would be "plus sized" today, and back in her era that was considered the normal (and sexy) body type.

What's up with clothes sizing these days ? It seems they are cutting things way smaller. although I am a big girl, my measurements really haven't changed in the past decade. At about 230, I have worn a size XL top for the last 10-15 years. Lately, size XL is like a sausage casing on me, and anything new I buy is now 2XL, which is Distressing to me cause I always considered people that were 2X to be OBESE.... OMG, am O now Obese ?

How can I be when I haven't changed ? Please tell me they are cutting the garments smaller and using less fabric ? I am a confident person with a good self image but if I am really a 2X, I will have to drink a bottle of Drano... Say it aint so ! :eek:

IS THIS ME ????

http://kitweonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Obese-lady-2.jpg

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/im-a-size-queen-but.113842/#post-1090002

Exactly!

Even sizes are different.

Archived