THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Embarrassed to ask this question

This topic is 2916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibiclens. Unfortunately, not to mucosal surfaces. I had to shower; apply; leave on five minutes; and rinse off, for five showers prior to my knee surgery. And I'm glad I did. The nurses were particularly impressed by the slenderness of my incision ... it looks like a thin blue line, which, given the rest of my body habitus, is odd.

Hibiclens. Unfortunately, not to mucosal surfaces. I had to shower; apply; leave on five minutes; and rinse off, for five showers prior to my knee surgery. And I'm glad I did. The nurses were particularly impressed by the slenderness of my incision ... it looks like a thin blue line, which, given the rest of my body habitus, is odd.

Isn't that a function of the surgeon's technique? I have almost no scarring from either of my surgeries. The wounds were closed in way that I had never seen before. The surgeon used a combination of steri-strips and big wire sutures. You have to be looking for the scars to see them.

Isn't that a function of the surgeon's technique? I have almost no scarring from either of my surgeries. The wounds were closed in way that I had never seen before. The surgeon used a combination of steri-strips and big wire sutures. You have to be looking for the scars to see them.

Probably a function of the surgeon. I'm sure he doeesn't want to add to my already impressive collection of scars.

No disrespect to any one in the forum, any one who has commented or provided feedback, nor to the one who posed the question but I am laughing because I am one who gets tested pretty regularly and that question is posed to me in the interview question part before they prick your finger... Do you use dental dam's and I was always LIKE WHAAT is that ( in my brain ) whyyyyy would I use that? Do I need to use one of them? Where would I find THAT? We never really covered that in sex ed in 8th grade where I come from .. SO, I answered honestly, no and just kept it moving... They hand out condoms freely but Dental Dam's stilll asking where does one find these ????

No disrespect to any one in the forum, any one who has commented or provided feedback, nor to the one who posed the question but I am laughing because I am one who gets tested pretty regularly and that question is posed to me in the interview question part before they prick your finger... Do you use dental dam's and I was always LIKE WHAAT is that ( in my brain ) whyyyyy would I use that? Do I need to use one of them? Where would I find THAT? We never really covered that in sex ed in 8th grade where I come from .. SO, I answered honestly, no and just kept it moving... They hand out condoms freely but Dental Dam's stilll asking where does one find these ????

I have a few dental dams around here somewhere. They give them away at pride parades. Have never used one though. Probably your sex shop might carry them or Amazon.com!!!!!

Well as a former dentist I guess I need to jump in here. Let's just say that I have only used a dental damn for dentistry. However, given what I did for so many years there are certain sexual acts (well at least one) that I would never think of doing.

In any event, one can pick up dental damn reasonably on eBay. It should be noted that some varieties come in flavors such as vanilla. I'm not sure if that would be an improvement over the normal rubbery taste, but that is something to consider.

Of course you can also ask your dentist for some samples. Over the years I was asked. For the record, rubber damn is used by magicians for a number of magic tricks. You can always use that as an excuse if you are overly embarrassed to give the actual reason. ;)

Of course as has been mentioned one can use Glad Wrap as well. That might be closer to doing the real thing.

• 1 month later...

Archived