THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

" A Nightmare on Bowery Street At The Grand Bowery Hotel NY Chinatown"

JayNY
This topic is 3061 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OH MY GOD! The Bowery Grand Hotel New York is in terrible shape. I want Expedia to send one of their Rep to stay at this place and see if it is a suitable hotel to list on their website.

(Stay away from the Bowery Grand Hotel on Bowery Street and Canal Street (Chinatown NY)

I stayed at the Marriott in New York for 4 days (4 weeks ago), I wanted to stay one extra days but the hotel was overbooked. Somebody suggested that I stay at Grand Bowery Hotel in NY for the day because it was inexpensive. So I decided to stay there since the rate was only $45.00, boy was that a big mistake!

The hotel is in terrible shape, it looks like the owner has not put in any money on renovating the place. Upon completing the checking process, I proceeded to go to my room, when I entered the room, it was hell. The room was half the size of a closet; the wall was dirty with all kinds’ stains marks all over it. The ceiling had large black mold stains on it from previous water flood. The room smelled badly, the sheets on the bed were hazardous (dry red stains, black stains, big chunk of human hair, lots of burn holes) on it. I found huge pile of dust on the sheet. They did not change the sheets from the previous day; it looks like they just pulled the sheets on the bed after a previous guest checkout.

Since the rate was non-ref, and I didn’t want to pay another astronomical amount to stay in NY for one night, I decided to just leave my luggage in the room (tightly zipped) and use the room as a storage unit. I left the hotel within 5 minutes of checking in at 1:00 PM went out came back at 9pm. On my way back I bought disinfectants, gloves and new sheets to clean the room and change the sheets. The restrooms were also in bad shape, unclean curtains, human hair on the floor and tub. I took a quick shower (with my socks on and sandal) and left the room at 9:30 PM and stay out all night until the club closed at 04:00 AM. I immediately went back to the hotel to get my stuff and made a beeline for the exit door. Upon exiting the hotel, I was greeted by homeless sleeping by the door, who verbally harass and insulted me because I didn’t give them money, and large family of rats running around in front of the BLDG and huge pile of garbage in front of the BLDG. NO WIFI in room, false advertisement! I was forced to cancel my appointment with a young stud on RM because I did not want to subject the gentleman to this. The young man did not take the cancellation well; hopefully I will be able to make it up to him. So do not stay at the Bowery Grand Hotel on Canal Street and Bowery Street (Chinatown) no matter how low the room rate is.

Sounds like all that was missing was the smell of Fish ? I'm not sure you would find any better accommodations in that area. It's just The pits...

I once checked into a hotel in downtown Philly. Turn on the light and the roaches were from floor to ceiling, and scurrying around across the furniture. Needless to say I made a quick exit, lost my deposit, and found other accommodations.

I have a friend that swears by The Jane in the Village. $99-$125 for a single. Shared baths, but always cleans. Very small rooms, but he had a threesome there the last time he was there. He says it a very cool hotel on the Hudson. If anybody else has had success there let me know, I am thinking about booking there.

I believe the Bowery Hotel is used a a "hot sheet" hotel. Most people go there for a quick sexual encounter and are out the door. Since you already had invested in new sheets, I am not sure why you cancelled the appointment, sex has a way of making everything look a lot better.

You guys are right the rate amount for the night in NY should have been a red flag. Although I have stayed at really nice condos in Montreal for that amount, I just didn't know it was going to be that bad.

Upon exiting the hotel, I was greeted by homeless sleeping by the door, who verbally harass and insulted me because I didn’t give them money, and large family of rats running around in front of the BLDG and huge pile of garbage in front of the BLDG. .

That's expected in NYC, I'm sorry about your bad experience but what else can you expect for $45?

That's expected in NYC, I'm sorry about your bad experience but what else can you expect for $45?

You could probably get a toothless BJ from a crackhead hooker ? (she's actually 22 years old)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/zacobbs/3ce2581a.jpg

The dirty and filthy sheets did it for me. I dont mind the dirty wall and closet seize room. But I wont accept dirty sheets with blood stains and black stains on my bed. There is no excuse for not washing the sheets, and changing the sheets on the bed. I have stayed at condo resorts in Montreal for less than $45.00 a night.

The dirty and filthy sheets did it for me. I dont mind the dirty wall and closet seize room. But I wont accept dirty sheets with blood stains and black stains on my bed. There is no excuse for not washing the sheets, and changing the sheets on the bed. I have stayed at condo resorts in Montreal for less than $45.00 a night.

I too was lost at $45. I don't remember the last time I paid as little as $45 a night for a hotel/motel outside of NYC. While even good hotels can have a spell of bed bugs, I'd be more concerned with where you stayed. They travel home with you and I think the only way to get rid of them is by hiring an exterminator. That expense will be more than the difference between $45 and a hotel you'd have been okay sleeping in.

You might call the NYC health department to see if they inspect/regulate hotels. And maybe dispute the credit card charge since they refused a refund.

Nine years ago, I avoided a place in NYC that was 99/night. Just seemed too good to be true and the few reviews I could find online confirmed my suspicions.

Less than half that price almost a decade later? I don't need an online review to let me know AVOID such a place!

I apparently got very lucky in the fall of 2014 and scored the Sheraton New York for $112+taxes for a night....via hotwire.....a frugal friend of mine had suggested I stay at the Y....it was about nine bucks cheaper

Archived