THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Unavailable

This topic is 3073 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've always interpreted it as meaning a guy is not able to be hired while he lists himself as being unavailable. In the case of a guy who lived in a city I was visiting and was unavailable while I was shopping prior to my visit, I contacted him and he replied that he would be available when I was in town. We ended up not meeting, as I had already hired someone else.

I've always interpreted it as meaning a guy is not able to be hired while he lists himself as being unavailable. In the case of a guy who lived in a city I was visiting and was unavailable while I was shopping prior to my visit, I contacted him and he replied that he would be available when I was in town. We ended up not meeting, as I had already hired someone else.

Smart man. The "Unavailable" status is less than ideal because it doesn't say for how long, but as already mentioned, all it really means for sure is that the guy is unavailable right now. It could mean that he is fully booked or just taking a few days off. Even though I prefer texts, this is one situation where I would shoot the guy an email.

The opposite of Available ( Now ).

That's funny and true. But I do find the concept of Available Now weird too. And do you really need to put Unavailable on unless it's for a long period of time. Can't you just say I'm booked/busy at such and such time but the end of the week looks good.

Also, what’s the difference between “online now” and “available now?” I suppose “online now” implies that the advertiser is in a position to respond to emails and perhaps phone calls because he is currently online, but is not necessarily available for immediate appointments? That’s my interpretation at least, but I might be totally wrong.

Well yes! Plus, I would have to drive to the WA one to begin with then keep going another 5 hours. Plus with my luck, he'd probably cancel once I got there. ;)

Fair enough, I guess distance is relative! And I just finished reading your sorry tale of cancellations, sorry to hear it.

Fair enough, I guess distance is relative! And I just finished reading your sorry tale of cancellations, sorry to hear it.

Ah thanks, man. Since I am brand new to this, I probably just need to set my expectations a little lower. I have had two positive experiences, as well.

Is it that far to drive to the other one?

It is kind of far to drive here with a boner... =)

But imagine how happy that boner would feel when you reached our green land. =)

Sorry to hear about your cancellations. Someone has to put a stop to this!

Big kiss!

Archived