THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Robbery? McDonald's customer accused of putting soda in water cup charged with robbery.

marylander1940
This topic is 3000 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A McDonald's customer in Arkansas accused of emptying his cup of water and filling it with soda now faces a robbery charge, police said Tuesday.

The restaurant manager said the suspect was one of three people who asked for water at the drive-thru window in Springdale. The customers parked and walked into the store before dumping out the water and pouring soda into the cups, KHBS/KHOG-TV reports.

The manager spotted the three and told them to return the soda. Only 18-year-old Cody Morris refused, police say.

The manager even ran out and tried to block Morris' car from leaving, but the suspect reportedly drove his vehicle in reverse and hit the worker twice before speeding away.

Police arrested the driver after they said they found his car at a nearby bowling alley. It's unclear whether he'll face any additional charges aside from felony robbery.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/20/mcdonalds-customer-accused-putting-soda-in-water-cup-charged-with-robbery.html

Wow. Stupid all the way around. Stupid Manager chasing after him for a damn soda. Wtf was he thinking. A dumbass kid all the way around.

Btw. I've been known to fill my water cup with tea or soda when getting take outs. In my defense they're not really that big. Never realized I was committing Robbery. I'm such a bad boy. Lol

Wow. Stupid all the way around. Stupid Manager chasing after him for a damn soda. Wtf was he thinking. A dumbass kid all the way around.

Btw. I've been known to fill my water cup with tea or soda when getting take outs. In my defense they're not really that big. Never realized I was committing Robbery. I'm such a bad boy. Lol

62930796.jpg

Assault with a deadly weapon?

~ Boomer ~

Agree. It might be that the theft when combined with an assault becomes a "felony robbery" so the assault is part of the charge; otherwise, due to the low value of what was stolen, it would be a misdemeanor. Full disclosure: I do not know Arkansas law, that would be my guess.

Guest countryboywny
OK, what he did was wrong, but robbery? Really?

Seems a bit extreme, I liken it to shop lifting a $2 item. But that's just me.

My mother used to "steal" a caramel from the loose candy section of the supermarket. Just one. One day another customer approached her and Mom was all ready to be taken to task. But the woman simply said "I'm blind. Can you help me find the dairy section?" Mom took it as a sign and never "stole" again.

And more on subject, if everyone who put soda into a water cup was arrested for robbery there would be millions more people in jail. I see it happen every time I eat in a fast food restaurant.

I have a feeling these kids may have pulled this stunt before and that's why the manager chased them down.

They stole a product that they did not purchase. Law and order type that I am, my inclination is to throw the book at them. We no longer teach our young the difference between right and wrong. Let this brat learn a hard lesson.

This is akin to people poaching grapes at the grocery store. Seems like theft to me.

Grape eaters and bin eaters are very common at the store. I guess they look the other way as long as your there shopping. I see people getting busted all the time though for trying to lift food. They're probably known to them already though.

I think it's sad though. It seems cruel to arrest someone for stealing food. I wish we lived in a better country where people didn't feel they had to.

Felony, misdemeanor, etc this punishment/incident seems to exceed the "crime".

Now that said, I'm in a similar business. Taking soda, ketchups, grapes at the supermarket, nuts at the Whole Foods bulk bins. Let's not call it theft. But you know what, it's adding to the costs to the retailer and therefore to the prices you pay. Please don't go all Walmart/McDonalds big Corp on me, I'm a small self employed entrepreneur.

When calculating COGS (cost of goods sold) the size of your biz doesn't matter. Slippage, theft, overrun, too much self serve soda....all factored into the price you pay for your purchase.

Archived