THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

All you can eat french fries at McDonald's St. Joseph, Mo...

marylander1940
This topic is 2997 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The best part of McDonald’s French fries are how ridiculously good they taste. Which is why when you reach your hand into that brown bag, fishing around for French fry stragglers, and you come up empty handed, you’re always bummed. Because the fries are gone and you don’t even remember eating all of them.

Well for some lucky McDonald’s fans, that’s all about to change. Because soon they’ll have access to endless fries. That’s right, fries forever.

The all-you-can-eat French fries will be available at a brand new McDonald’s in Missouri, and it’s unlike any other McDonald’s in the country.

The 6,500-squre-foot St. Joseph restaurant will not only offer all-you-can-eat french fries, it will also offer customizable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, according to the St. Joseph News-Press. So customers will be able to eat as many fries as they want, and they won’t even need to get up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eat-fries-coming-mcdonald-catch-223149070.html

Julia Child thought that McDonald's had delicious fries. That was when they still fried them in a mixture of Beef Tallow and Lard ( which is how my favorite frites in Paris are still made). After they changed to hydrogenated oil she changed her opinion. I must admit I occasionally will go through the drive-thru at McDonald's and get a large fries and a coke. They still taste great to me.

Actually, there are places that have "bottomless" French fries; they will keep bringing you refills without limit. Here in Kansas City, the Red Robin chain (national I think) not only has "bottomless" fries but unlimited refills on root beer floats!! I think in California at Ruby's they had "bottomless" fries, too.

Looks like McDonald's is trying to catch up with the competition.

Julia Child thought that McDonald's had delicious fries. That was when they still fried them in a mixture of Beef Tallow and Lard ( which is how my favorite frites in Paris are still made). After they changed to hydrogenated oil she changed her opinion. I must admit I occasionally will go through the drive-thru at McDonald's and get a large fries and a coke. They still taste great to me.

I just did the diet coke/fries binge. Guilty about it but OH so good!

Not so sure I like this idea. And won't everyone buy a small fries now? I used to like the bottomless coffees and yes, in Maccas, in some outlets someone would go around the store and refill people's coffee. Now they only sell espresso coffee here so sadly no refills.

I can't even recall why Freedom fries existed. I am sure it is some Bush-era bullshit but I can't recall what.

You're correct. The French didn't support Bush's Iraq war and some Americans were mad so they "eliminated" the French from French fries. The fries became French again when the lies of Bush & his administration proved we shouldn't have invaded Iraq :)

Actually, there are places that have "bottomless" French fries; they will keep bringing you refills without limit. Here in Kansas City, the Red Robin chain (national I think) not only has "bottomless" fries but unlimited refills on root beer floats!! I think in California at Ruby's they had "bottomless" fries, too.

Looks like McDonald's is trying to catch up with the competition.

What about an all you can eat salad bar like Ruby Tuesday or Big Boy?

http://foodies.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2011/01/rubytuesday_saladbar-560x420.jpg

img_1691.jpg

I understand that the pump condiment dispensers with little paper cups for ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc., will be augmented with a nitroglycerin dispenser for those pesky angina pains.

(Still love the fries, though)

Makes me think of the real life "Heart Attack Cafe" in Las Vegas where the waitresses are dressed as nurses, the customers don hospital gowns, and entrees include hamburgers called the Bypass, the Double Bypass, etc. Saw pics of the customers. REALLY scary.

Archived