THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Sometimes You Get the Munchies ...

Moondance
This topic is 2223 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Sometimes You Get the Munchies ...

Tag team bandits wanted for robbing a sweet shop and a fried chicken joint

A tandem team of junk food bandits indulged their sweettooth for cash when they held up a candy shop and a fried chicken joint in the Bronx, police said.

The duo turned sour during one of their capers, pistol whipping the cashier of a Kennedy Fried Chicken.

Hagie Touray, 27, was working the register at the Belmont restaurant at 2273 Crotona Ave. at E. 183rd St. on Aug. 17 just before 2:30 a.m. when the two men came in, one of them waving an automatic pistol, according to the NYPD.

The gunman shoved one worker out of the way as the other ordered Touray to open the register, grabbing him by the back of the neck and shoving his head down toward the machine.

“They ordered me to open the cash registered,” Touray said. “I had the wrong key because I was panicked. It made noise and that’s when he started to beat me up.”

The fast food worker said the man said nothing while he cleaned out the loot.

The man, who wore black latex gloves, a blue ball cap, white undershirt and jeans, turned to his partner and said “Dale, dale,” Spanish for “hurry, hurry.”

The two men made off with a $1,000, according to police.

Touray said that he didn’t feel the pain from the attack til the next day, but even then it was only a few bruises.

“Right now, I’m OK,” he said. “Of course, I’m scared.”

The two men hit again about a half an hour later in Kingsbridge when they knocked over Broadway Candy shop at 249 W. 231st St.

This time, the men covered their faces as one waved a gun at the clerk and the other cleaned out the cash register. They stole $5,500, police said.

Both robberies were caught on surveillance camera.