THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

It’s 2016! May we have some diversity in men here?

Axiom2001
This topic is 3176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really is amazing that people can complain about a lack of diversity, and other people can express gratitude for such a complaint, on a Forum to which they are free to contribute as much diversity as they would like.

I'm happy to post photos of Asian guys, who are the most underrepresented of them all, when I run across them elsewhere, as well as anyone else who piques my fancy, like gifs of Hugh Dancy in a well-filled out pair of boxers (from network TV, no less). But I don't have or keep a collection of photos of hunky guys, particularly not the muscular types with six-packs that seem to be the most popular.

Moral of the story: Some of us know how to post images. We just don't often have images to post. Although the forum is free, the time one has to participate in it is limited. Some will seek and post photos; some will contribute in other ways.

Also, do not tempt me when it comes to a discussion of racism. Here's one piece of food for thought: the "models" used as a guide for photo processing were until recently white - deliberately. One effect of this is that photos of dark-skinned people look crappy. The reason for the initial decision was economics: white people were the ones with the money, so they were catered to. But the decision was also racist.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/syreetamcfadden/teaching-the-camera-to-see-my-skin#.lkdJK8Xowk

I'm happy to post photos of Asian guys, who are the most underrepresented of them all, when I run across them elsewhere, as well as anyone else who piques my fancy, like gifs of Hugh Dancy in a well-filled out pair of boxers (from network TV, no less). But I don't have or keep a collection of photos of hunky guys, particularly not the muscular types with six-packs that seem to be the most popular.

Moral of the story: Some of us know how to post images. We just don't often have images to post. Although the forum is free, the time one has to participate in it is limited. Some will seek and post photos; some will contribute in other ways.

Also, do not tempt me when it comes to a discussion of racism. Here's one piece of food for thought: the "models" used as a guide for photo processing were until recently white - deliberately. One effect of this is that photos of dark-skinned people look crappy. The reason for the initial decision was economics: white people were the ones with the money, so they were catered to. But the decision was also racist.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/syreetamcfadden/teaching-the-camera-to-see-my-skin#.lkdJK8Xowk

In the US for a very long time and mostly still, for people most selling high end materials, a racial decision and an economic decision are indistinguishable.

In the US for a very long time and mostly still, for people most selling high end materials, a racial decision and an economic decision are indistinguishable.

Is it really accurate to consider photographic film - mostly obsolete now anyway - a high end material anymore?

Also, that it's common (and I agree with you there) still doesn't make it right or less exclusionary.

I will never master the art of posting gifs, but Hugh Dancy will always inspire me to at least search and provide links:

Hugh in well-filled out boxers

Here's a link to my first-ever post in the Gallery of Hugh Dancy as Will Graham wandering around outside in a well-filled out pair of boxers:

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/mesmerizing-video-of-actor-hugh-dancy.100007/

Archived