THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Diet while Traveling

Griffin Donavon
This topic is 3195 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am curious as where you found this information. All sources I have consulted claim steel cut oats' glycemic index is 35% lower than rolled oats. Not to mention rolled oats are higher in fat and added chemicals. The less processed and thicker body will take much longer for the body to digest, allowing the sugars to be released much slower.

Fast sugars are likely to be stored as fat and send the Pancreas into a tizzy. Slow releasing sugars are more likely to be used as energy.

The only places that claim that rolled oats have the same glycemic index than steel cut oats are, alas, sponsored by Quacker and the like.

Seeing how scientific you got on the poppers thread, I am really curious to know where you got this info. Always ready to discard flawed certainties. =)

I don't remember the source. It wasn't in the science literature. It might have been "Men's Health," or something like that.

I have many friends who argue over which are the best or worst diets. Steel cut or rolled oats? I just don't give a f@ck. Sorry! May regret.

However - my blood pressure got pretty elevated. 150+ on the upper pressure.

My doc recommend the DASH diet which is largely healthy and low simple carb. Gotta say my bp is less than 125/95 after 3 months plus I lost almost 20 pounds. And it is not very hard to stick to. I highly recommend.

Griffin,

There are a lot of potential clients out there that are exceptional cooks. Can cook anything diet or fancy. Make a package deal with them so they help you on your diet. Or even allow you to use their kitchen. Why not get a rent free night and enough food to do you a few days for a lesser fee.

Archived