THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

X-Mas Nutcracker Rouge

edjames
This topic is 3221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tired of the same old sugar plum dancing faries and little kids strutting around the stage at NYC Ballet?

I found the Company XIV group giving their version of a very, very almost x-rated Nutcracker Rouge down at the Minetta Lane theater in Greenwich Village and enjoyed it very much!

This group has been around before and does this production quite well. A mix of baroque, classical, opera, modern, burlesque, vaudeville and cabaret makes for a very entertaining evening. Throw into the mix a beautiful bevy of male dancers dressed mostly in g-strings and have it hosted by a gal who provides a big salute to Mae West, and Bette Midler and voila you have Nutcracker Rouge...much like Cirque du Soliel on a hit of Ectasy!

This is not the Nutcracker yer Mama took you to. Running time 2 hours +. Available on discounts, including TDF.

This group will be back after the holidays with their version of Snow White, so I can't wait to see them again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/arts/dance/nutcracker-rouge-at-the-minetta-lane-theater.html?_r=0

Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

ED

I saw this last year..in a much more intimate theater. I was blown away and hard as a ROCK throughout the entire performance.

My only problem this year is with the venue...it's a traditional off broadway theater. For christ's sake I saw fucking "Jeffery"

in this dump more than 20 years ago. Last year the venue was sexy as FUCK! Big couches, table service...sexy, Sexy, SEXY!

Then it had a dark and super sensual bar out front. Complete Moulin Rouge 2015 vibe. This year, the show is as amazing as

last year, but in regular theater seats, it just feels odd and flat to me. I was still able to loose myself in the performances, but

LAST year?...I was fucking near breathless for 2 hours.

I would still highly recommend it, The performances are amazing. Crazy baroque music with stunning 1/2 naked ballet dansers

...iterupted by a big tittie fat girl with pasties belting out Madonna's "Open You Heart".....I am THERE and ALL IN!!!!

God I hope they realize the HUGE mistake they've made by switching venues....there's always hope for next year!

The venue was OK. yes, I agree, more comfortable seating and bar service would have been great, but then getting me drunk around a cast of really hot young men with dancer's butts could provoke some unwanted attention and police intervention! LOL

It is the time of year when Broadway and off-Broadway shows actively raise money for Broadway Cares, so many in the cast were in the lobby and at the exit doors. You know I took full advantage and put some money down a few thongs!!!!

My biggest complaint was the overuse of their smoke machine. The venue was filled with smoke, so it was hazy and annoying.

Still, you're right, "the performances are amazing."

Archived