THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

A History of the Rod

AdamSmith
This topic is 3228 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ya8OTp-DrIg/VlFNS4b74OI/AAAAAAAABPQ/xTn-ZUKQwEU/s1600/A%2BHistory%2Bof%2Bthe%2BRod.jpg

The faithful of this forum will doubtless know this work inside-out. I only just learned of it, in of all places a blog item about the erotic texts in the personal library of Robert E. Howard, author of the Conan the Barbarian series and father of the sword-and-sorcery genre.

Still readily available on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Flagellation-Flagellants-A-History-Rod/dp/1589632680

Somebody is trying to convert me. This just received in my email...

Don't Miss Wednesday's Free Webinar: Tips and Methods for Successful Plastics Bonding Applications

:D

Well that's quite interesting. I just just saw a design for a homemade flogger that seemed relatively easy to construct. It involved bonding to plastic. I guess this is the 21st Century and such is progress! In any event, given that this confirms that it is an acceptable technique I'm definitely going to attempt it!

Well that's quite interesting. I just just saw a design for a homemade flogger that seemed relatively easy to construct. It involved bonding to plastic. I guess this is the 21st Century and such is progress! In any event, given that this confirms that it is an acceptable technique I'm definitely going to attempt it!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/81/8145381fbeae37b607cb94935da128d5e4b57092f3d4c05f6cae8159562f7483.jpg

Seriously, and getting a bit technical...

Older flogger designs often involved a metal tube for the handle. That resulted in a heavier weighted handle. A weighted handle gives more power to the blows, but I find it easier to manipulate light weight models that use either plastic or wood. The advantage of using a hollow tube makes the design quite easy to construct. The tails can be bonded to the entire length of the tube and that makes the design sturdy as well. Add in the plastic and the result is a light weight instrument that can easily be carried around in a bag of tricks in addition to making it much more maneuverable. The type of tails used can make up for the lack of a weighted design. Also, when using lighter designs the person wielding the flogger can easily get creative with all sorts of spinning actions that can be impressive for onlookers.

As I mentioned, I'm sold on plastic!

Just got my reminder email. I think these industrial copywriters are just bursting to advertise more salacious products. :eek:

e3526c8e-4433-48fc-9e33-fb46f774b59b.gif?bid=1243608&eid=200607367

Join us today for a free 60-minute webinar, "Adhesive and Tape Solutions for Bonding Plastics," with live Q&A at 11:00 AM EDT.

In a wide variety of consumer products, plastics are more often replacing metals due to their many beneficial properties. We will discuss the various adhesives and tapes that should be considered for making plastic assemblies. Background information about plastics adhesion and adhesively-bonded joints will be provided, with most of the presentation focused on the major types of adhesive solutions used for permanent attachment of plastic components. The main features, key products, and example applications for each category will be discussed.

You will learn:

Overview of the applications and challenges of plastics bonding with adhesives and tapes

Why many types of plastics are hard to bond

What the leading adhesive and tape solutions are for plastics bonding

Tips and methods for successful plastics bonding applications

The high point of the day was ignoring this webinar. :D

LOL! Good decision! The last time that I had to repair a flogger with a plastic handle I used an adhesive purchased at the Dollar Tree. It worked perfectly with the leather tails bonding to the innerds of the plastic tube of the handle quite firmly. Also, it has maintained its integrety even after repeated use. It works great for other applications as well.

And the price is certainly right!

LOL! Good decision! The last time that I had to repair a flogger with a plastic handle I used an adhesive purchased at the Dollar Tree. It worked perfectly with the leather tails bonding to the innerds of the plastic tube of the handle quite firmly. Also, it has maintained its integrety even after repeated use. It works great for other applications as well.

And the price is certainly right!

I almost picked up a street kid loitering around a Dollar Tree one time. Can't remember why it didn't come off.

I ought to go back there and look again. :cool:

I almost picked up a street kid loitering around a Dollar Tree one time. Can't remember why it didn't come off.

I ought to go back there and look again. :cool:

Seriously! No matter what you are looking for... and now I'm adding "street kid" to the list... You always check the dollar store first! Of course, the Dollar Tree is the ne plus ultra of dollar stores! It's amazing what one can get for a buck!

No matter what you are looking for... and now I'm adding "street kid" to the list... You always check the dollar store first! Of course, the Dollar Tree is the ne plus ultra of dollar stores! It's amazing what one can get for a buck!

And guys were worried about where to market themselves after Rentboy. Go figure...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ya8OTp-DrIg/VlFNS4b74OI/AAAAAAAABPQ/xTn-ZUKQwEU/s1600/A%2BHistory%2Bof%2Bthe%2BRod.jpg

The faithful of this forum will doubtless know this work inside-out. I only just learned of it, in of all places a blog item about the erotic texts in the personal library of Robert E. Howard, author of the Conan the Barbarian series and father of the sword-and-sorcery genre.

Still readily available on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Flagellation-Flagellants-A-History-Rod/dp/1589632680

Personally, I've always been one who would rather be 'spared the rod'. I much more prefer being spoiled!!:rolleyes:

Gman

Personally, I've always been one who would rather be 'spared the rod'. I much more prefer being spoiled!

Some like being spoiled by the rod!

Those guys scare me!

Hopefully I and a few others here don't scare you. We're just sweet guys who like to have fun in a somewhat unorthodox manner.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/7d36477b1660802e416e0452abb0567a/tumblr_mkg04lHM9F1qbx22so1_500.jpg

Archived