THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

New Jonathan Groof Interview

WilliamM
This topic is 3235 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I didn't enjoy Looking at first but I warmed up to it and became a fan. I always thought Groff was one of the strengths of the show. I had fun reading the interview. I'm :( that Looking is ending but at least they got to make a finale to wrap up the show. :)

Here's another interview with Russell Tovey. http://www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=69406

Sample quote: With Jonathan, doing these sex scenes just feels so cool.

I bet it does. ;)

I tried give it a fair shake, even after noticing that within the first five minutes of episode 1, male gays are shown as casual sex purveyors who IMMEDIATELY go home and do drugs and drink alcohol. (Even the few episodes of QAF that I saw had a bit of soap-opera gloss that made its louche qualities more camp than anything else.)

I got through 2 episodes on the dvd and then quit.

I tried give it a fair shake, even after noticing that within the first five minutes of episode 1, male gays are shown as casual sex purveyors who IMMEDIATELY go home and do drugs and drink alcohol. (Even the few episodes of QAF that I saw had a bit of soap-opera gloss that made its louche qualities more camp than anything else.)

I got through 2 episodes on the dvd and then quit.

That's pretty much what happened with me although I stuck through all of Season 1. Season 2 opened with more random sex with people they didn't know and more drugs. I stopped there. I suspect that's why the ratings were so bad. I kept wondering ''who are these people?" I couldn't relate to a single character.

On another note, you have to wonder what kind of douchebag Zachary Quinto is to break-up with Jonathan Groff? Open relationship? How many guys are waiting in line to have sex with that human uglee Zachary Quinto? I just don't get it.

Groff "dished...divulged...revealed...spilled the beans on"

This is how Broadway World starts it's report on Groff's interview, framing him as a silly, scandal-mongering gossip, and assuming readers are inspired by trash. Is BW the Soap Opera Digest, National Enquirer tabloid of Broadway? Ugh.

Is BW the Soap Opera Digest, National Enquirer tabloid of Broadway? Ugh.

I agree, but I met Groff briefly when "Spring Awakening" was still playing off-Broadway. It was only a 10-minute conversation, but I have followed his career ever since. He mentioned being partly naked in the musical, not me.

I enjoy "Looking" and am sorry it was not renewed by HBO.

I do think that Groff's character, someone who has lived in San Francisco for a while, was seldom believable. Let's see how the finale turns out.

Season 2 opened with more random sex with people they didn't know and more drugs. I stopped there. I suspect that's why the ratings were so bad.

Very understandable. After all, who want to see Jonathan Groff engaging in sex with Bernard Tovey. Oh, wait a minute that was not random sex. You may have turned your TV off by then, or changed the station. At least you did the right things by lowering the ratings. Well done.

Groff "dished...divulged...revealed...spilled the beans on"

This is how Broadway World starts it's report on Groff's interview, framing him as a silly, scandal-mongering gossip, and assuming readers are inspired by trash. Is BW the Soap Opera Digest, National Enquirer tabloid of Broadway? Ugh.

And I've met him a few times and that doesn't sound anything like him.

Very understandable. After all, who want to see Jonathan Groff engaging in sex with Bernard Tovey. Oh, wait a minute that was not random sex. You may have turned your TV off by then, or changed the station. At least you did the right things by lowering the ratings. Well done.

Is Bernard Tovey Russell's dad?

Some think Quinto is hot. I've got a friend who totally lusts for him. I find Groff pretty hot, but Tovey much hotter. I enjoyed the first season of Looking, although I thought Groff's character was implausibly naive for someone who had been living in SF that long.

A mistake on my part.

I was thinking of tennis played Bernard Tomic, whose parents are from the former Yugoslavia (specifically, Croatia and Bosnia). I spend three weeks driving through those two countries and Slovenia in 2013.

How interesting that you combined Bernard Tomic and Russell Tovey and came up with Bernard Tovey. Your brain must work in mysterious ways :)

Some think Quinto is hot. I've got a friend who totally lusts for him. I find Groff pretty hot, but Tovey much hotter. I enjoyed the first season of Looking, although I thought Groff's character was implausibly naive for someone who had been living in SF that long.

I don't know about the naive part. It's possible to live in all sorts of places and still retain a sense of innocence. I can't imagine anyone finding Quinto hot. He completely creeps me out and he can't act. Saw him as the "super villain" in Agent 47 the other night. He had all the screen presence of wet sand.

Archived