THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Ft. Lauderdale

Poppie
This topic is 2890 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question, but here goes: If Le Boy opens at 3:00 pm and the dancers don't show up until 7:00 (?) - what happens in the interim? That is, are there any dancers hanging around... or is it just a "bar" that's not especially noteworthy?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mikefl81 for the heads up... probably would've never thought to check. Most bars still think the internet is a 90s fad. :)

Keith30309: Have never thought to go that early. Probably a couple dancers roaming around but I think most arrive between 6 and 9.

Spent the weekend in F.L. Nothing really to note except LeBoy's shower shows on Sunday got pretty wild by the end of the night... including a customer (don't worry, a young one! lol) getting in with a dancer. At points, there was probably more flesh being shown than the authorities would have been ok with, but we'll just keep that hush between us.

Random thoughts - Boardwalk: same ol same ol. Fairly busy. No real knockouts for me (I like college age/twink/muscle twink types). Lot of the usual beefy gym rat average looking guys. Pretty busy all weekend. LeBoy: had a few guys who belong at Boardwalk... muscle freaks look so out of place at LB! But I know they have their fans. Dances were still under the crazy high price structure ($80+tip/15 mins, $150+tip/30 mins, $230+tip/45mins). I did see the VIP room ($100/hour to LeBoy, you negotiate with the dancer) used for the first time... several times this weekend. Typical problem that club has since the Johnny's days... lot of the dancers don't know how to work a customer. They congregate and smoke with each other and the drag queens instead of engaging with customers. I left town with too much cash. The few that did approach were not so hot. BTW, LeBoy has a bartender that is pretty much everyone's type. I don't go for muscle, but the new guy (see the LeBoy Instagram) is stunning.

Thanks Mikefl81 for the heads up... probably would've never thought to check. Most bars still think the internet is a 90s fad. :)

Keith30309: Have never thought to go that early. Probably a couple dancers roaming around but I think most arrive between 6 and 9.

Spent the weekend in F.L. Nothing really to note except LeBoy's shower shows on Sunday got pretty wild by the end of the night... including a customer (don't worry, a young one! lol) getting in with a dancer. At points, there was probably more flesh being shown than the authorities would have been ok with, but we'll just keep that hush between us.

Random thoughts - Boardwalk: same ol same ol. Fairly busy. No real knockouts for me (I like college age/twink/muscle twink types). Lot of the usual beefy gym rat average looking guys. Pretty busy all weekend. LeBoy: had a few guys who belong at Boardwalk... muscle freaks look so out of place at LB! But I know they have their fans. Dances were still under the crazy high price structure ($80+tip/15 mins, $150+tip/30 mins, $230+tip/45mins). I did see the VIP room ($100/hour to LeBoy, you negotiate with the dancer) used for the first time... several times this weekend. Typical problem that club has since the Johnny's days... lot of the dancers don't know how to work a customer. They congregate and smoke with each other and the drag queens instead of engaging with customers. I left town with too much cash. The few that did approach were not so hot. BTW, LeBoy has a bartender that is pretty much everyone's type. I don't go for muscle, but the new guy (see the LeBoy Instagram) is stunning.

Thank you.

I decided to just go directly to the source and hire a bit. ;)

LeBoy: had a few guys who belong at Boardwalk... muscle freaks look so out of place at LB! But I know they have their fans. Dances were still under the crazy high price structure ($80+tip/15 mins, $150+tip/30 mins, $230+tip/45mins). I did see the VIP room ($100/hour to LeBoy, you negotiate with the dancer) used for the first time... several times this weekend. Typical problem that club has since the Johnny's days... lot of the dancers don't know how to work a customer. They congregate and smoke with each other and the drag queens instead of engaging with customers.

Interesting that LeBoy (finally) has some muscle guys working there. I wonder what caused them to change their business model.. but I'm not complaining :) Hope to check it out again soon.

Totally agree that the dancers don't know how to interact with the customers. If only they would walk around and engaged with customers, they'd be making money!

And I still despise the price structure. It amazes me they haven't changed it yet.

The past few times I been they did have a $30 "special". They put you in a voting booth size spot near the entrance to the back. It's 10 mins. They're probably realizing they can't get away with Swinging Richards prices. I think sean will wake up eventually. I've done 1 or 2 dances since the change. The year before that I probably did a dozen or two. And my visits to the club have dwindled to that ratio too. It's fun but not as fun as Johnnys was. Sure it was a dive but if all I'm going to do is window shop, I have the Internet for that. I feel bad for the kids. They're getting screwed.

Hello gents. Well was just in FL over memorial day weekend. Totally and I mean totally disappointed in LeBoy. Went there not once, not twice but three times with a friend. Yes I know I'm not Brad Pitt but no one there was. I tried and tried to get a dancer to come over to visit me, not successful and they were mostly twink types. The bartenders, well OK but of no help. I'm not sure what is wrong with that spot but isn't going to last long. Boardwalk, well on Thursday a dud, Friday, Saturday not bad, had some fun times, only problem I had was with one who I had been feeding money to all night, not one's 5's, 10's, but more and when I gave him a less than that turned around to another and made a rude comment, he didn't get my business anymore. Let's face it us fags, FL, as well as Provincetown and Key west has lost it's charm for me and others. Wow, how I miss ten years ago

Rocky, have you headed south? On Saturday we went to Floppy Rooster. It is a long way from Ft L but the show on stage is great! The dancers are hot! The place gets so crowded and the customer pool so large that the dancers don't harass patrons for privates, but they interact a lot for tips.

We tried LeBoy Sunday night as they advertised a Shower Show. After 9pm, the 7pm Drag show was, "Dragging on." After being told it would last an hour, we bailed. The dancers were frustrated with the show saying it was costing them money.

PS There was an amazing bartender on the patio, African American, lean body, handsome face. Won't be back till next winter, let's see what the scene is like then.

Rocky, have you headed south? On Saturday we went to Floppy Rooster. It is a long way from Ft L but the show on stage is great! The dancers are hot! The place gets so crowded and the customer pool so large that the dancers don't harass patrons for privates, but they interact a lot for tips.

We tried LeBoy Sunday night as they advertised a Shower Show. After 9pm, the 7pm Drag show was, "Dragging on." After being told it would last an hour, we bailed. The dancers were frustrated with the show saying it was costing them money.

PS There was an amazing bartender on the patio, African American, lean body, handsome face. Won't be back till next winter, let's see what the scene is like then.

I had a group of 5 friends at Floppy Rooster last Christmas and we had a hoot! Plan to go back for the holidays again this year and we hope the place is still roaring.

• 4 months later...

You have to pay $20 to the door guy each time you go into the private room area. I heard a rumor that you can purchase a wristband for $30 for unlimited entrances into the private area - maybe someone can confirm?

You then have to negotiate with each dancer his rates. Each guy is a bit different but I'd say the average is $20-30 per song.

Archived