THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

The Spoils

edjames
This topic is 3395 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Friends recommended that I see this new play written and starring Jessie Eisenberg at the Signature Theater Co off-Broadway.

A terrific 2 and half hours of drama surrounding a masochistic self-centered weed and alcohol fueled spoilt little asshole!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/03/theater/review-the-spoils-stars-jesse-eisenberg-as-narcissist.html?_r=0

Eisenberg is a talented and interesting playwright. The audience was riveted and there rare times you cringe at Ben's character as he lashes out and behaves badly to everyone. No one escapes his wrath.

Sorry to say, this limited run show ends in about a week, and due to other commitments the cast will be moving along to other projects. Kunal Nayyer, of The Big Bang Theory, co-stars as Ben's Nepalese student roommate who patiently deals with Ben's self-loathing, until he punches him square in the face!

All in all, a good evening of theater. BTW, The Signature has some very comfortable smaller theaters in it's location.

I enjoyed this play as much as Edjames did, and I hope that if any of you can see it before it closes, you can. I've been a subscriber to the Signature Theater for several years; I just renewed for the coming year. There are three VERY comfortable theaters in its home on west 42nd St. Although I have walked out on a few of their more bizarre offerings, I enjoy their productions, THEIR LOW PRICES, and the after-performance talks with the cast. Jesse Eisenberg was fascinating in the after-performance (I HATE that word, "talkback!) discussion I saw. He referred to intermission as "half-time," because he and another actor were watching the NBA playoffs on TV during their break.

Archived