THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Bedroom Flexing With Nathan

Gar1eth
This topic is 3390 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He's a cute boy- and when I say 'boy' I mean in this case someone way beyond the age of consent. From what I can tell, unfortunately, he's totally straight. Also some lessons in standard British English pronunciation wouldn't go amiss.

Gman

Also some lessons in standard British English pronunciation wouldn't go amiss.

Certainly not RP, but even the Beeb allows regional accents now. And straight or not, surely he realises gay boys will be jacking off to his vids? You never know, he may spend his Saturday evenings on Canal Street! BTW, for some reason he didn't do it for me.

Certainly not RP, but even the Beeb allows regional accents now. And straight or not, surely he realises gay boys will be jacking off to his vids? You never know, he may spend his Saturday evenings on Canal Street! BTW, for some reason he didn't do it for me.

You notice, I didn't mention RP. But doesn't there have to be something a bit more 'neutral' between his Mancunian speech and RP? And listening to the Beeb as an American, some of those regional dialects can be troublesome for me- case in point would be the Scottish.

I'm sorry he doesn't do it for you, Mike. Maybe he's an acquired taste. Try taking a look at some of his other vids. Or he is part of a muscle website. Maybe one of the others will appeal to you more.

Accents are funny. While I know the Australian accent doesn't sound British to you, I will venture to say that it sounds at least vaguely British to most Americans- and those not familiar with Australia might think it was a British accent. Even knowing I can get confused sometime. I wonder why our American/Canadian accents are for the most part so different from either yours or the UK. Is it because America was settled early on by so many people from other countries rather than mostly from England as Australia was? And while a lot of Canadians sound a lot like us from the United States- many of them do have a more lilting quality to their speech which puts me in mind of Ireland.

Gman

You notice, I didn't mention RP. But doesn't there have to be something a bit more 'neutral' between his Mancunian speech and RP?

Yes, I know you didn't mention received pronunciation! And yes, maybe a more neutral accent would work better. As to why he didn't appeal, I guess he just seemed a bit too self-absorbed. He is certainly pretty. If I woke up with him in my bed I wouldn't kick him out!!

You're right, accents are funny (odd, not amusing). Settler society accents seem to be established quite quickly, ours seems to have been fixed within about 15 years of settlement. So US accents would have been based on British usage from 1650 and ours from 1790. In the US regional variations developed because links between regions didn't happen. Here, links between regions meant that regional variations didn't happen. An example in another language, I travelled with some Afrikaans speakers in Europe. They said that Dutch speakers in Europe thought that the Afrikaners sounded like their grandparents.

Yes, I know you didn't mention received pronunciation! And yes, maybe a more neutral accent would work better. As to why he didn't appeal, I guess he just seemed a bit too self-absorbed. He is certainly pretty. If I woke up with him in my bed I wouldn't kick him out!!

Yeah me either- I'd definitely be up for broadening his horizons and showing him how the other half does things.

InAn example in another language' date=' I travelled with some Afrikaans speakers in Europe. They said that Dutch speakers in Europe thought that the Afrikaners sounded like their grandparents.[/quote'] That's interesting. While I have no direct experience (most South Africans that I've met have been English speakers-plus while of Dutch ancestry, I don't speak Dutch. ), I've heard that Dutch speakers understand Afrikaans better than the reverse because Afrikaans has lost a lot of the inflections still present in Dutch.

Gman

Archived