THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Four Nights in Montreal

Poppie
This topic is 3393 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The pink balls are up. Sainte-Catherine Street is closed. Decks have been built for après dining and drinking. We just spent 4 nights/3 days living it up in Montreal. The exchange rate hasn’t been this good in years!

Arrived with cloudy skies. Took the 747 bus to the Berri-UQAM metro station. A quick walk across the courtyard to the Hotel Gouverneur at the edge of the Village. Unpacked, cleaned up then off to Campus. Before I get into the good stuff, some restaurant talk.

Chez Cora is open. Expanded menu. Delicious food. Love sitting on the deck watching the world go by. Tried to go a second time on Sunday morning. Place was packed.

Cacao 70 is another favorite for breakfast. So much delicious food. So much chocolate too. Love the plate with strawberries, bananas and pineapple served with melted chocolate. Enjoying that while we wait for a huge breakfast plate.

La Diva for dinner one night. Dan (owner of Campus) suggested this Italian restaurant. The building dates back to 1896. Family owned and operated for over 30 years. The spaghetti bolognaise was awesome. Topped with THE most delicious meatballs I’ve ever tasted.

Got to Campus at about 6pm. Figured it would be pretty quiet at that hour. Especially on a Thursday. We were right. But, little by little, hour by hour, the room started to fill with friendly beautiful men. Dan was his usual wonderful host. Making sure we were introduced to the newest guys. Over the four nights we were there, it was a surreal blur of hot men everywhere. I’m not able to paint a great picture as many of my fellow posters do, but I’ll share with you a snap shot of the one’s that need to be highlighted.

Roberto is still there. Or I guess he’s back. I don’t see him every time we go. He’s been there since he was 18; I’m told that was about 13 years ago. Still very hot. Still quite the little hustler. But I know that. Had a bit of fun, then put him off on the next unsuspecting guy. Other men that actually deserve praise (and with whom I had at least one dance with) were:

Matthew: Dark hair, hairy chest (a few dancers had hairy chests WOOF) and a smile that lit up the room. Randy: nice muscle and ink. Great pecs. Very friendly. Jeremy: kind of a big guy, kept himself clipped. Amazing lips and eyes. And then there were:

Jacob: young slender muscle man. Very sweet. So friendly you could get lost in him. If you see him in a slow song. Wow.

Eric: dark hair, short beard, ink, big legs and arms. Very affectionate. Had the pleasure of seeing him every night. This young man was so wonderful. I hope he’s there when we go next year.

Jason. OH Jason: Blonde, Muscled, HARD, shredded, inked, bit of scruff on his face. Mischievous grin with eyes that pull you in. Kind of intimidating looking. Couldn’t BE friendlier. HOT HOT Man! Both my partner and I had multiple dances with him. What else is there so say? DAMN dude!

Didn’t make it to the other bars. When you’re having so much fun at one, why go elsewhere? Every year the Men of Montreal leave an indelible memory that will last for years. And Dan, if you’re reading this … Thank You. Thank you very much for your wonderful hospitality. These “boys” from Clearwater truly appreciate you and your club full of great dancers. I only wish we could get there more often.

Indeed. You definitely have me looking forward to my jaunt northward next month...

Might someone give a quick rundown of the logistics at Campus and/or StockBar? (I've got a passing familiarity with how things run at AdonisNYC and BuzzBoyzzNYC, but am curious about the similarities/differences.) And what are the current per-song rates?

Might someone give a quick rundown of the logistics at Campus and/or StockBar? (I've got a passing familiarity with how things run at AdonisNYC and BuzzBoyzzNYC, but am curious about the similarities/differences.) And what are the current per-song rates?

Hey RyanD, I have lots of experience with the Campus and Stock Bar in Montreal and will very soon be studying cultural and behavioral practices at NY Adonis and BuzzBoyzz bars. ;) How about if I write you a comparative analysis?

Indeed. You definitely have me looking forward to my jaunt northward next month...

I always let a dancer know that I'd like to start off with 3 songs at $20CAD per song (currently about $16.50US). I tell them that they have to count and let me know when the 3 songs are up. Then we can carry on, or take a break. I find that works very well, avoiding any misunderstanding.

Great review. I'm still on the fence on whether to do a Montreal trip this year. If private dances were really private, it'd be a no brainer. Our taste in dancers differ, but excellent food choices! :)

Archived