THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Gigi

edjames
This topic is 3485 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Caught an early preview of this revival of the great Lerner and Loewe musical. Many will remember the 1958 film with Louis Jourdan, Leslie Caron, Maurice Chevalier and Hermonie Gingold and it was urned into a Broadway production in 1973. It ran for 103 performances.

A new adaptation from the Kennedy Center starring Vanessa Hudgens has just started previews on Broadway.

What a glorious production! Great cast, great music, choreography, sets, costumes....this show has it all.

This is what Broadway musicals should be, a delightful and entertaining evening.

ED

And Hudgens was good?

I am part of a generation that never heard of Vanessa Hudgens.

In my review I said "great cast," and she was included in that comment.

However, since you asked, she was good. She gave a lively performance and has a good voice. She was a pro and the performance went off without a hitch.

My only problem is that she still looked like a very young teenage girl by the end of the show and her transformation into the young woman wasn't quite what one hoped for.

Still, this is a minor quibble and I loved the show and encourage everyone to see it.

Archived