THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

An undiscovered gem: Taiji Body Work (NYC)

BaronArtz
This topic is 3450 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When you are in the mood for a really, REALLY good body rub I warmly recommend Taiji Body Work (http://www.tjbodywork.com/) Taiji is a small chain of massage parlors here in NYC. I have been to the Chelsea (W 27th) and the Upperwestside (W 72/Columbus) locations. Here is the deal: for a mere $50 (fifty!) you get 60 minutes service of (1) an amazing massage, (2) hot stones and oil rub and (3) a foot reflexology session. You have your choice of male and female masseurs (I prefer male - surprised?). The session can be customized to your wishes. The catch is: this is a 'real' massage and you keep your undies ON. The locations are clean and comfortable but then the décor is not exactly the 'Guerlain' at the Waldorf-Astoria either.

Just in case you do not worry about how big the appendage or the butt size of your masseur is, but you just want a solid massage, this place offers and AMAZING service. Easy to set up an appoint simply by calling ahead, sometimes they can even accommodate you with a 15 minutes notice. No endless emails back and forth, no worries about reviews, no worries about how 'interactive' your masseur may be, no stress. Quality pampering at $50! I just love it!

• 1 month later...

I feel the same way about wearing underwear, in that I don't want to wear one. This is irrespective of whether I'm having a legit massage or one with winks. Unless they provide disposable underwear (which I find to be useless), I'm removing everything—oil on my Calvin Kleins is not fun.

That being said, thank you for the spa recommendation! I might try it one of these days.

• 4 weeks later...
BA, thanks for the recommendation. Did you find that the masseur used his knuckles a lot? I prefer masseurs who can go deep with their fingertips and palms, but they are rare.

I have been to 2 Taiji locations. Both had a number of masseurs and masseuses available. Some of the masseuses, incidentally, were quite good and delivered a stronger massage than some of the guys. I recommend you express your wishes when you book a session. I don't recall any of the masseurs using their knuckles a lot on me.

Archived