THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Johnny's ----> Le Boy

Jake
This topic is 3513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the photo above is what Le Boy posts on its Facebook page to promote their club, they must think that group represents their most attractive dancers. All I can say is UGH !:eek:

It's a real shame that Le Boy seems to have brought the same group of unattractive and average-looking twinks with them to the new location.

BeauZeaux will be on hand at Le Boy later in the month to provide his own expert analysis, and will post his observations and a review of the new establishment.

BeauZeaux, aka the Jimmy Olson of the circus world :)

If the photo above is what Le Boy posts on its Facebook page to promote their club, they must think that group represents their most attractive dancers. All I can say is UGH !:eek:

It's a real shame that Le Boy seems to have brought the same group of unattractive and average-looking twinks with them to the new location.

BeauZeaux will be on hand at Le Boy later in the month to provide his own expert analysis, and will post his observations and a review of the new establishment.

BeauZeaux, aka the Jimmy Olson of the circus world :)

Agreed....I will be going tomorrow night with a gentlemen of discerning taste, and a true connoisseur of men. He will report first hand as to his assessment of the new digs, with hopefully pictures included. My reports have been from a "muscle boy" perspective, so for all you twink lovers, you will hear directly from.... "The Man" himself....The often infamous Mr. Jake will be in the house.

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/thumbs_up-1306.gif

Wow what a difference. I have been making suggestions to Sean for years. I always thought they fell on deaf ears. I'll do a full on recap when I get home next week but last night was pretty impressive. This is not the old slimy dirty club we grew to accept.

Random bullet points.

- The boys

Obviously nothing is more important than the quality of guys. To be honest, the roster hasn't changed much. Muscle lovers will still be miserable. And I'm sure they will still bitch and moan about it on here. It's like going to McDonalds and whining about all the hamburgers. If you want sushi, you have other options. This is and probably always will be a twink bar. As others have said, not all made the cut in the transition. That is a good thing. There were about 20 maybe 30 boys roaming around. About four As. Lots of Bs and Cs. Almost no Fs.

- Bartenders

Mixed feelings on the uniforms. They all wear black shirts and suspenders. Makes for an upscale look. But if you want to see some flesh on your favorite bartender, you're out of luck.

- Costumes

I LOVE that dancers now can show off a little unique personality by walking on stage with their own look. If they walk around in their underwear all night, they all tend to blend into the same person. Some wore goofy outfits like a Roman emperor or cop. One tiny twink came out in a football outfit which was kind of hot til he tossed the ball. Any essence of butch was gone after that lol.

- Patio

Great addition. There's not much room to get away in the main bar area so it is nice to have a place to escape to. The smoke situation and the club is not bad. Not nearly as bad as it was at the other place. But if it does get to you do you can just go out to the patio. Not sure how useful it'll be when its 90° out.

- Private Rooms

Hallelujah probably the best part of the club. The private dance area is behind the curtain. It's also the locker room changing area for the dancers. The private booths are also have a curtain and they are you enormous compared to the old place. Price structure is pretty much the same. I negotiate based on minutes instead of songs.

-Music

The music situation has really been stepped up too. They don't just have a guy leaving things in autopilot. The DJ actually plays songs that fit the dancer. The music is still loud so if you want peace and quiet go to the library. This is a club environment. The live DJ combined with the costumes and better staging really has inspired the dancers to put more effort into their performance. The dancers are presented more like stars instead of the free-for-all format that used to use.

Got to go meet BVB for lunch. Will have more later.

Thanks for all the info, Jake! I agree that it will probably always be a twink bar (unfortunately for me) but were there any bigger, athletic/muscle-y? Any guys more athletic or muscled than in the pic you posted? I'll be back in south Florida next month and hope to check out LeBoy again. Thanks!

im doing this post on my phone so it will be another short one. Saturday night at johnny's was miserable compared to friday night. There about one-third of the dancers and clients. Boardwalk had something cool going on sunday that was epic. Four dancers were washing cars in their underwear. So the patio was packed for lunch. I got some pictures that i'll post when i get home. They have a drink special mixed with brunch. All you can drink bloody marys or mimosas i think plus a brunch meal for about 15 dollars.

...Boardwalk had something cool going on sunday that was epic. Four dancers were washing cars in their underwear. So the patio was packed for lunch. I got some pictures that i'll post when i get home. They have a drink special mixed with brunch. All you can drink bloody marys or mimosas i think plus a brunch meal for about 15 dollars.
What time of day was that? Do you have any idea if it's a regular thing? (Thinking ahead to my next visit....)

And many thanks for the reports.

Ah praise Starbucks wifi and my iPad keyboard is working again!

They do it every Sunday I'm told... 11-3 (they wrapped up at 2:30). Basically the guys get a week off from paying house fees plus they get tips so they do pretty well. There were 2 muscled up guys and one twinky dude so I was content. But yeah the brunch special is pretty incredible - your brunch and unlimited Bloody Mary's until 4pm. I took a pic of the menu with my phone. I'll include that with the pics of the boys washing customers' cars ($10 plus tips I believe). There wasn't much downtime between car washes. Just a nice continuous show all afternoon. To me it was more fun than watching them inside the club. They're well lit under the Florida sun! Weather was great today too. But yeah don't miss it! I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I just happened to drive by and saw the crowd. I'd never seen anyone talk about it on these boards before. (This is where someone will post a URL to a previous thread I missed) :)

But anyway yeah Johnny's (I'm not going to call it LeBoy. I can't.) was a dud last night compared to Friday night. There were only a fraction of (the same) boys. There was downtime at times between dancers. Just a way different vibe than Friday. Not sure what can explain the dropoff. A Heineken bottle was $7. My friend got charged $11 for a shot of Petron.

Started the night off Saturday at Boardwalk. Muscle lovers will always have a home at BW. For me, I like the bartenders and I like the pre-9pm drink special, but between the same old dancers (how old is Jimmy seriously?) and non-private private dances, it's back to just being a pregame spot for me.

Some more random bullet points...

- Cover

None. Ever. (Or yet. lol)

- Parking

I hate valet. I've had so many mishaps over the years at the old Johnny's. Keys get misplaced or it takes forever because everyone's leaving at once (probably when the drag shows come on!). I just always liked to park in the well lit area a block away on a sidestreet. No hassles. The parking guys insist the only option you have is valet at the new place. I haven't scoped the neighborhood yet, but I'm sure there are options. And I'll find 'em. It's not the $3... I just don't like having to deal with the headaches that can come up.

- VIP Room

It's near the entrance to the patio. It's about 10 feet by 6 feet I'd guess. Furniture. Vase with fake flowers. All to create the romantic ambiance you need for that special moment with your favorite dancer. I didn't inquire to the rates, but I'm sure it's been posted. The regular private rooms are more than adequate for me. They're excellent.

- Private Room Entrance

One complaint I heard was it's a bit annoying that everyone can see you going to the back because the entrance is the same as the one to the locker area next to the stage. So when someone enters or emerges, you see the walk of shame. :) Not so much a big deal to me. We're all going for the same reason. Nobody's walking into Johnny's to collaborate on a world peace gameplan.

That's all I've got for now. Any q's throw 'em at me and I'll do my best!

The brunch special and the entertainment at Boardwalk's Sunday Car Wash...

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/20150118_140114_NAndrewsAve_zpscd895caa.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/20150118_140007_NAndrewsAve_zpse51efad4.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/20150118_133439_NAndrewsAve_zpsd6ae02e4.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/20150118_125102_NAndrewsAve_zps8392257a.jpg

LOVE Sunday brunch at Boardwalk. Great food, great fun and HOT car wash bois. All the mimosas and bloody Mary's you can drink. A must if you haven't been there. I hear on a good, warm day, the bois can be quite entertaining .... soaping up the cars and each other. And those hoses to rinse everything off. Had the good luck on one occasion that our car wash guy was working in the bar that night. Besides getting our car squeaking clean, he gave one HELLUVA lap dance.

LOVE Sunday brunch at Boardwalk. Great food, great fun and HOT car wash bois. All the mimosas and bloody Mary's you can drink. A must if you haven't been there. I hear on a good, warm day, the bois can be quite entertaining .... soaping up the cars and each other. And those hoses to rinse everything off. Had the good luck on one occasion that our car wash guy was working in the bar that night. Besides getting our car squeaking clean, he gave one HELLUVA lap dance.

There was none of that on Sunday, as the weather was just a tad bit cool at 75 deee greees, However I was mentioning that to our resident reporter that I would imagine it is quite entertaining during those hot summer days.

I do think that Le Boy continues to improve. Game day on Sunday in the patio was a hit, with the big screen TV's, outside bar, and food was readily available for a reasonable price. Started out at the Boardwalk, and while they had the game on, there was no sound. They did have the car wash, but that ends at about 3. I think the Boardwalk might have to step their game up,(a remodel is in the works) or lose some patrons to Le Boy....competition is going to be a good thing.

Jake asks "how old is Jimmy seriously?"

Answer: Somewhere between 40 and death.... (Mame Dennis to Vera Charles)

Jimmy is now fully vested in the Boardwalk pension plan.

Bozo

Post of the mudda fuggin year lol.

Jake asks "how old is Jimmy seriously?"

Answer: Somewhere between 40 and death.... (Mame Dennis to Vera Charles)

Jimmy is now fully vested in the Boardwalk pension plan.

Bozo

I heard from a little birdie that this clip is actually Steven Drakker and Benjamin Nicholas having lunch..

[video=youtube_share;5E5u5xO8t68]

Archived