THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Alex in NYC, 411 please

armadillo
This topic is 3654 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Armadillo, I'd take those reviews with a large grain of salt. To me, they sound like they're written by the same person, and don't mention anything about an erotic component. Also, what does he mean by "a little extra" in the last sentence? Is he going to ask you for more money to provide a happy ending once you're on the table? I've had that happen. Or even if he asks you for the higher fee up front? And I'm always suspicious of guys who offer 30-minute massages. This is one plunge I'd be reluctant to take, even for the team. But keep us posted, please, and I hope you have a good experience. Nice photos, though -- assuming they're of him.

Beethoven and Poolboy, your advice is salient, and being taken!

In his profile, what does the green "Verified" mean?

http://www.massagem4m.com/images/icon_verified.png

Also, googling his listed phone number brought up this:

http://massagecraiglist.com/index.php/massages-category/listbingo/categories-2/ad/4-sensual-massage/67-massage-therapist-with-6years-experience

And I'm always suspicious of guys who offer 30-minute massages.

Beethoven, can you expand on that? When I've seen 30 minute offers I kind of thought it might be a good way to sample the guy without risking much money. But I haven't tried it yet, so maybe I'm missing some obvious downside.

Rooting around on this site, I found the following. 2 years old, but still germane:

Baron

Dec 2008

Ah, Grasshopper! You raise several interesting questions. First of all, they are called "The Murray Hill Gang" (I think Glutes can take credit for the term) because when these scams began a few years ago, all the "masseurs" were located in a building at 37th St & 2nd Ave. They post these ads because, as P.T. Barnum (and W.C. Fields) said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

What triggers "the more seasoned forum members" to recognize these frauds is the broken English in both the ad and in the "reviews," and the omnipresent inclusion of a 30-minute "massage." And they're almost all twinks, mostly named Sasha, Igor, and Nikolai.

In reply to Irtwo, I have no experience with 30-minute massages, but it just seems to me that a legitimate masseur can do his job in 30 minutes, nor would I care to get a sensual/erotic massage in just 30 minutes. I can't cite any specific occurrences, just that it seems odd. I agree that 30 minutes at a reduced 60-minute rate would let you see the guy and give you a sense of what he's all about without spending the big bucks; but I think that's all that would be accomplished. I'd certainly leave there feeling unfulfilled. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's had the 30-minute experience.

Archived