THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Oil vs Cream

Gar1eth
This topic is 3735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I prefer a massage cream. It seems to me that whenever I get a massage with oil even though the masseurs always says something like "it's grape oil. It soaks in." that I feel the presence and smell of oil for several days even after multiple showers. Plus I don't like the feel I get from putting my clothes on over a just received oil massage.

Gman

Amen! Biotone lotion should be used by everyone. Cannot tell you how many times I have come away with that oil residue and whatever random fragrance lingering.

Same here, plus oil can stain clothing if dripped on it which has happened a couple times when the masseur's containers were not sealed well.

But it seems to me like the majority of masseurs I've been to just love grape seed oil.

Gman

I always have oil and lotion on hand for those who request it, however my preference is to work with Biotone Advanced Therapy Massage Gel. It is light, non-greasy, non-staining, hypoallergenic, unscented, long-lasting and has a great texture and provides just the right amount of drag for going back and forth between therapeutic and sensual work. I may start without any lubrication if addressing restrictions in the fascia. I will sometimes use unscented oil for someone who wants a purely sensual experience, or lotion for someone with dry skin. I always use lotion for the hands and feet and Liquid Silk for stimulation of sexual areas.

My regular massage therapist gives a choice of lotion or oil. One of the oil choices for oil that I have found to be the best is coconut oil. It starts of solid like butter and soaks into my skin which is actually not dry at all but tend to have oily skin.

I’m older. My skin is on the dry side and thinning with age.

Tried several. What I seem to like most are relatively light oils that soak into the skin fairly quickly.

But not baby oil - it’s too light.

Don’t really care for the silicone based ones. They just seem sticky to me.

Jojoba oil: Supposed to be a premium oil. It’s OK but maybe a bit too heavy for me.

Apricot oil: OK but maybe a bit too heavy for me.

Coconut oil: I like it. The solid paste style liquifies very quickly at skin temperature. Also available as a liquid from the bottle. Odorless. For some you add few drops of an aromatic essential oil as you use it.

Neutrogena Body Oil: I like it. Has sesame seed oil in it. Not very expensive either.

I just got a couple of odorless lotions that I will try out soon.

I’m older. My skin is on the dry side and thinning with age.

Tried several. What I seem to like most are relatively light oils that soak into the skin fairly quickly.

But not baby oil - it’s too light.

Don’t really care for the silicone based ones. They just seem sticky to me.

Jojoba oil: Supposed to be a premium oil. It’s OK but maybe a bit too heavy for me.

Apricot oil: OK but maybe a bit too heavy for me.

Coconut oil: I like it. The solid paste style liquifies very quickly at skin temperature. Also available as a liquid from the bottle. Odorless. For some you add few drops of an aromatic essential oil as you use it.

Neutrogena Body Oil: I like it. Has sesame seed oil in it. Not very expensive either.

I just got a couple of odorless lotions that I will try out soon.

I didn't think silicone 'oils' were designed for massage but used for lube. I thought one of their selling points for lube was that they weren't absorbed but continued to provide lubrication.

Gman

Archived